Buy pancreatic enzymes in store

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Nickademus1977
State: Texas
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Nick Espedal

Buy pancreatic enzymes in store

Post by Nickademus1977 » 26 Dec 2021, 12:48

Anyone know of any stores that possibly have the enzymes powder in stock? Maybe a vet pharmacy might? I’m about to run out of powder, tomorrow actually, and the refill I ordered is having delays with shipping. I have no idea what I’m gonna do if I run out and he’s eating food without the enzymes added. Any suggestions until I get his enzymes in the mail? I’ve got enough for his meals today and tomorrow morning and that’s it. Can’t believe the ones I’ve ordered won’t be here in time. Afraid he’s going to regress with his health if I don’t keep them going. Any feedback is appreciated. I’ve been calling around and haven’t been able to find any place that has them in store or stock. I’m in the Dallas, Tx area. Thanks!!

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: Buy pancreatic enzymes in store

Post by Olesia711 » 26 Dec 2021, 13:01

Yes, it is scary when your dog runs out of the powdered enzymes.

The short answer is "No" we are not aware of any "over-the-counter" correct potency (with approx 71,400 USP units of Lipase enzyme powder, with Amylase and Protease in the 400,000's of USP units )... you often can order almost comparable enzymes online... but you already are waiting for an order to come in.

In these situations....what we recommend is a couple of things:

1. Talk to a drug store pharmacist and ask them if they have ANY product in the store that uses 4x pig pancreas enzymes... if so, although not strong enough, you can try giving 1 or 1+1/2 times the amount to carry you over until your order comes in.

.2. The next thing is to go to a drugstore or walmart, GNC or health food store that carries supplements and look for plant digestive enzymes. Again, although not potent enough, better than nothing. First try giving 1+1/2 or 2 times the amount....and watch the poo... this should help somewhat. It most likely won't be perfect, but better than nothing.............
Here are some examples that we posted about year ago.....
https://epi4dogs.com/emergency-enzymes/
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Jane&Clyde
Pet name: Clyde
My name: Jane

Post by Jane&Clyde » 26 Dec 2021, 13:06

If you go to the EnzymeDiane.com website, click on Emergency Enzymes. Diane lists several human supplements, where you can get them, and how many of each you will need to equal a teaspoon of enzymes. You will need quite a few, but it's better than running out.

Nickademus1977

Post by Nickademus1977 » 26 Dec 2021, 13:53

Thank you both!! I’m checking into the options you gave me now.

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 26 Dec 2021, 19:26

Hey Nic---Sorry if this is redundant, but I got my last batch from Diane in just a couple of days.

https://enzymediane.com/shop/
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Post by Montgomery » 26 Dec 2021, 22:39

I don't know where you usually get your enzymes from, but your veterinary clinic may have them in stock, or try your local emergency/referral clinic. Good luck!
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 27 Dec 2021, 05:11

good luck from me too, can you get raw pig pancreas from a butcher or slaughter house anywhere ?
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Nickademus1977

Post by Nickademus1977 » 29 Dec 2021, 07:48

I was able to get some of the pancreatin pills from Vitamin Shoppe until his powder comes in the mail. After crushing up the pills, do they need to sit in water/food for the incubation process like the powder does? Or are they ok to be ingested immediately?

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 29 Dec 2021, 09:21

i will ask that question
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 29 Dec 2021, 09:27

Hi Nick. Please look on the bottle to see if the tablets are enteric coated. Mickey was on a tablet that was meant to survive the stomach acid. Please look on the bottle and post a link to the site with the name of the product.
Thanks
Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.