Carrots And Cats

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
susantaor
State: Iowa
Pet name: fred

Re: Carrots And Cats

Post by susantaor » 13 Jun 2022, 09:24

I try not to experiment with my cat's diet. Bengal cats choose their food very carefully. We only buy rabbit food and sometimes give beef stews. About once every three days, we spoil her with a treat like dried meat. She won't eat boiled eggs, vegetables, or raw meat. We recently moved to a new house, which caused a lot of stress for our pet. Did you know that stress can cause cats to start molting a lot? I didn't know this until I read about Bengal cat shedding at https://topcatbreeds.com/do-bengal-cats-shed-a-lot/. Learning new things about your pets is so exciting.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 13 Jun 2022, 18:54

Thank you so much for the interesting fact. Can you tell us more about Fred? What brought you to Epi4dogs.com?
Look forward to hearing Fred's story.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

albinoactiv
State: Georgia
Pet name: bobi

Post by albinoactiv » 24 Jul 2022, 15:33

Having a cat is no easy task. I have one, and I must admit that they require a lot of attention. It's not just food, water, and a clean litter box. You must love them as if they were your children, which is hard to do when you work all day. They are so social and affectionate, so you must give them more attention than you give yourself. It's hard to be an adult and treat a cat like a baby. They are so intelligent too; they know when you're home or not, they can tell when something is wrong with you (like when you're sick), and they can even tell your mood. I can recommend reading more facts on https://www.simplecatguide.com/can-cats ... nch-fries/.

Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Post by Montgomery » 24 Jul 2022, 23:42

I never did feed him carrot as the naturopath corrected his diet and his digestion corrected itself beautifiully.
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.