SUDDEN CLEAR LIQUID LEAKAGE!!!

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: SUDDEN CLEAR LIQUID LEAKAGE!!!

Post by Jean » 14 Jun 2022, 04:28

I found this

https://petdogowner.com/why-is-my-femal ... ess-fluid/

I know Kara had false heats after she was spayed maybe this is it
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Patsy

Post by Patsy » 15 Jun 2022, 07:06

Marti could only hang on for 2 hours in the daytime but when first diagnosed and drinking a lot she flooded at night too.
I would warn your friend to take her outside every hour or so to lighten the load.
Now this gets personal! I have had prolapsed everything. No amount of pelvic floor exercises helped. No chance before the bladder lift operation of running etc. so I know how she feels.
I hope that the medication people have mentioned can work, does it improve the sensation of telling them they need to wee?
Springer spaniel Marti had Epi, PLE , MMM just to confuse me. She lived till 12yrs, chubby and happy despite eight years of epi.
Capsule enzymes suited her best. B12 supplements made her into a new dog!
After a cocker with PLN kidney disease, I now have two healthy rescues, a lively, suicidal , small ginger terrier, adopted with pneumonia, and gum disease needing nearly all his teeth out, and a fluffy grey toy poodle/terrier from Greece.

Patsy

Post by Patsy » 15 Jun 2022, 07:14

I meant to add this. I collected sterile urine sample by catching it in a boiled Tupperware box and then pouring into a sterile lidded jar. Usually Marti’s was too dilute to show any result.
A UTI iusually shows darker frothy wee unless the animal is drinking loads of water.
Springer spaniel Marti had Epi, PLE , MMM just to confuse me. She lived till 12yrs, chubby and happy despite eight years of epi.
Capsule enzymes suited her best. B12 supplements made her into a new dog!
After a cocker with PLN kidney disease, I now have two healthy rescues, a lively, suicidal , small ginger terrier, adopted with pneumonia, and gum disease needing nearly all his teeth out, and a fluffy grey toy poodle/terrier from Greece.

TrixEPIMama
State: Texas
Pet name: Trixie

Post by TrixEPIMama » 17 Jun 2022, 12:04

Olesia711 wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 19:43 Trixie sounds like my Izzy....as she developed everything under the sun...... but thankfully Izzy was such a happy dog, nothing kept her down for too long and she was such a mischievous little imp.... always made us laugh! But looking back.... i do wonder, if once the immune system is so very compromised that that is why they often go on to develop so many other issues.........
I agree with your thought about compromised immune systems, Olesia. I realize hard evidence is lacking, but it makes perfect sense that a damaged pancreas plus that awful period of malnutrition and malabsorption in the months before diagnosis would have long-term consequences.

But like your Izzy, Trixie is a happy, active, and very smart girl who doesn't let anything get her down.
Trixie is an Australian cattle dog or mix, likely born in the Fall of 2020. Picked up as a stray, she was already suffering undiagnosed EPI when we adopted her. Test later showed TLI <1 and cobalamin 189.

Her (non-standard) treatment is 1900 mcg of pure freeze-dried pork pancreas from Allergy Research Group per day. Also 1/4 teaspoon of slippery elm powder and 1/2 (previously one) capsule a day of WonderLabs TrinFac-B, all mixed into her food and served immediately, without the usual 20-minute wait.

We feed Canidae Angus Beef and Barley, which may not yet be the perfect food, but she's doing well and has "happy" normal poops.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 17 Jun 2022, 15:30

Yes!!! I really do think their immune system takes such a huge hit from lack of nutrition while they were developing/segueing EPI that it does much more damage overall to the entire health of the dog..... and over time, other things start to fall apart.

So Trixie is a happy girl too.... that is another thing that i noticed over the years.... that for some reason, many EPI dogs evolve into the "best dog ever"... not sure if it is somehow connected to the condition someway.... or..... if it is because somehow they connect feeling better to the humans caring for them and an extraordinary bond develops...... but for whatever reason.... i will always feel blessed to have had my little EPI dog in my life :)
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........