New EPI diagnosis

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: New EPI diagnosis

Post by Olesia711 » 18 Jun 2022, 20:30

for now... see if you can add Dr. Goodpet plant enzymes with the little bit of real enzymes that you are giving her... see if that helps

You and i already talked privately about the CREON, so we have that covered.

Regarding real raw green tripe..... you can get some from California https://www.greentripe.com/ .... UNLESS you know of ANYONE near you who raises cattle, or butchers Moose or Elk or lamb... as you can use the raw tripe from these animals too.

Technically it is illegal to purchase the actual raw tripe from a butchered animal that goes to the processing plant... BUT....... if you know a 'farmer" who does butcher elk, moose or beef for themselves and/or friends, ask them to save you the raw green tripe for your dog.

Just be forewarned it STINKS... and i mean REALLY stinks!

here is a good website that explains a LOT about Raw Green Tripe and the analysis; https://4rawpets.com/tripe/

And here is the analysis: Image
Attachments
raw green tripe.jpg
raw green tripe.jpg (24.56 KiB) Viewed 310 times
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

CaliGirl
State: California
Pet name: Cali
My name: Nicole

Post by CaliGirl » 19 Jun 2022, 13:28

Again thank you so much! Just one last question, will I need to incubate with the plant enzymes?
I am ordering them today!

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 20 Jun 2022, 10:08

yes, i would still incubate the green tripe with the plant enzymes......although green tripe has a lot of natural enzymes.... it is not solely digestive enzymes.. it just has a lot of natural digestive enzymes in it.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........