Help !

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Re: Help !

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 26 Jun 2022, 08:23

Thank you so much for the update! Since things have improved a little bit, I would just keep it up, for now. This process can take awhile.

Tucker's poop has never been as firm as my four other dogs', but it is very pick-up-able, so I've decided to be happy with the vast improvement. In the beginning, three years ago, we had yellow milkshake poop, and he wanted to eat it, so our current situation is very tolerable.

Stay in touch, and if things start going downhill someone here will have ideas. I love the sweet potato! ----Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 26 Jun 2022, 13:13

stay the course for a few more days and since this produced better looking stools.... after a few more days... try increasing the Lypex even further with another 1/2 capsule and see if that improves things or make things worse...........

Please keep us posted!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Bev&Bodie
Pet name: Bodie
My name: BevB

Sad news

Post by Bev&Bodie » 17 Aug 2022, 16:42

93AA4EE5-B8FF-4227-A48A-EC8C8925F952.jpeg
93AA4EE5-B8FF-4227-A48A-EC8C8925F952.jpeg (2.91 MiB) Viewed 657 times
Sorry to let everyone know that Bodie passed over the rainbow bridge on 15 August aged 12 years and 4 months. Not EPI related, just old age - his heart just gave out. He died peacefully and pain free in my arms.
Thank you all for your help and support. The advice I received here to manage his EPI meant he was happy, healthy and active right up to the day before he passed. This was the last photo of him on Saturday 13 August after a walk and lunch out
RIP Bodie 17/4/2010 to 15/8/2022 🌈 💔

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 17 Aug 2022, 21:12

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. Bodie was a lucky boy, to have you, and he was so handsome in his last picture. I'll be thinking of you...thanks for letting us know. Take care.--- Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 18 Aug 2022, 16:29

Bev, I am so sorry to read this. What a love! And such a handsome boy. You gave him such good care, always trying new things to improve his treatment. He certainly was a gift to you and you were a gift to him. We so understand the pain of your loss. No matter how long they are with us, it always seems too soon to let them go.

Know that we are thinking of you.

Barb

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 18 Aug 2022, 18:07

Bev, I am so sorry to hear about Bodie.
You gave him the best life!
Run free Bodie

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 18 Aug 2022, 20:23

Oh Bev,

I am so so sorry to hear this..... my heart goes out to you.....it is never easy to say goodbye to these wonderful faithful companions......
And thank you for posting his picture..... he looks like he was a real sweetheart and you obviously took wonderful care of him...... he looks like a healthy young dog in the picture.....

Sending you many heartfelt HUGS!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........