4TH JULY CELEBRATIONS

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

4TH JULY CELEBRATIONS

Post by Jean » 04 Jul 2022, 09:58

Please enjoy

but our four footed friends do not fare well

the Thunder shirts are a good idea, but letting them hide is probably the best way

no chocolate

Jean
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

TrixEPIMama
State: Texas
Pet name: Trixie

Re: 4TH JULY CELEBRATIONS

Post by TrixEPIMama » 04 Jul 2022, 22:56

Thank you, Jean.

Here at our place, we've just given Trixie a tranquilizer and will soon put her in her safe little "den" (crate) for the night. She's been on high alert, patrolling the house constantly and going nuts with barking every time anyone within a half-mile radius sets off a firework.
Trixie is an Australian cattle dog or mix, likely born in the Fall of 2020. Picked up as a stray, she was already suffering undiagnosed EPI when we adopted her. Test later showed TLI <1 and cobalamin 189.

Her (non-standard) treatment is 1900 mcg of pure freeze-dried pork pancreas from Allergy Research Group per day. Also 1/4 teaspoon of slippery elm powder and 1/2 (previously one) capsule a day of WonderLabs TrinFac-B, all mixed into her food and served immediately, without the usual 20-minute wait.

We feed Canidae Angus Beef and Barley, which may not yet be the perfect food, but she's doing well and has "happy" normal poops.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: 4TH JULY CELEBRATIONS

Post by Jean » 05 Jul 2022, 07:51

the onluy people who gain from the damned things are the vets and the firework procucers
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx