Best food for Dog

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
michael89
State: California
Pet name: Sukunu
My name: Michael Uaiz

Best food for Dog

Post by michael89 » 07 Sep 2022, 03:25

The ideal meal is the one that your dog responds to the best; look for regular stools with a good consistency (nearly hard enough to bounce), as well as healthy skin and fur that are free of flaking, itching, and odour. If your dog experiences issues like recurrent anal impaction, ear infections, or gnawing on their own feet, try switching their diet because these are frequently symptoms of a food allergy or sensitivity.

As for what to feed… look for kibbles that have meat as the first ingredients. Note that a named-source meat meal that isn’t a by-product meal is a very, very high protein and good ingredient. For example, “chicken meal” or “beef meal” or “salmon meal” are as good or better than “deboned chicken” or “beef meat” or “whole salmon” because they don’t include the water-weight when determining ingredient order and all of those “fresh” meats have to be made into meals to become kibble anyway! Avoid non-specific-sourced meals like “fish meal” or “poultry meal” or “meat meal,” and avoid by-products like “poultry by-product meal.” All these food keep his pancreas strong and healthy.

OctavioCarr
State: Iowa
Pet name: John
My name: John

Re: Best food for Dog

Post by OctavioCarr » 24 Jan 2023, 16:30

We've recently got a husky puppy, and we don't know how to feed him. Any advice?

HannaRIO
Pet name: Molly
My name: Hannah

Re: Best food for Dog

Post by HannaRIO » 26 Jan 2023, 03:18

sounds good