First time poster in need of help.

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
HunnysMom
State: Texas
Pet name: Hunny
My name: Jen

Re: First time poster in need of help.

Post by HunnysMom » 23 Jan 2023, 23:22

Hello all

How do you find out what the best dosage is for the enzymes?

Hunnys poop is consistently formed but at times a bit softer and other times firm.

It also almost always has a really strong odor.

Thoughts?

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 23 Jan 2023, 23:27

Is she still on the Hills low fat I/D?
Thanks

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

HunnysMom
State: Texas
Pet name: Hunny
My name: Jen

Post by HunnysMom » 24 Jan 2023, 09:43

Hi Jill

No, she’s been off of that for almost 2 months. She’s on taste of the wild high prairie salmon.

She is now officially off of the tylison too.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 24 Jan 2023, 10:37

Ok thank you. When you get time will you post a signature at the bottom of your profile that shows current food, antibiotics, enzymes and strength, Tli result, etc? It would greatly help us so we don't have to reread posts to see what you are currently using :D
The ratio of 6x enzymes is 1 cup kibble to 1 teaspoon 6x enzyme properly incubated.
8x enzyme is 1 cup kibble to 3/4 t 8x enzyme.
Is she on daily B12 supplement?
Did the poops get better on Tylan?
When tweaking the enzymes too much enzyme can result in the same result as too little.
Thanks

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.