Problem with shipping enzymes to Canada

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
TankTank

Re: Problem with shipping enzymes to Canada

Post by TankTank » 11 Oct 2018, 07:49

Hello,

I place an order on Oct 3rd and it was delivered on Oct 9th. We shipped via fedex and 2kg,s arrived so fast. This was our first order and it should last 192 days . Because the cdn dollar is in the 70.s the order cost us 500 and change but worth every penny, the same 2kg from the vet would cost 2795.00.

Very happy since my fresh supplier doubled his price. we figure we have enough to last till june next year. 2.5 months of fresh in freezer and a little over 6 months powder.

i hope our dollar gets stronger before the next order. I may order 4kg next time to save on shipping
Tank GSD Born jul 22 16, diag EPI 22 months, TLI 06/08/18 b12 181,folate 22 TLI <1, TLI 08/15/18 b12 423 folate 12 TLI <1.0, Acana Lamb 2c 1c 2c mixed with 4 2 4 ounces fresh beef pancreas,liquified and mixed room temp, 6 hours, fortiflana probiotic, monthly b12 8cc, highest weight 93lbs(too chunky)lowest 73, current 82. Hate this disease.

TankTank

Post by TankTank » 11 Oct 2018, 07:56

i dont think health canada change the import rules i check the enzyme pdf on what folks can import to canada and Amylase, Lipase, Protease are all accepted enzymes that can be shipped to canada i found out the put enzymes in beer and bread not all 3 of them at once but the zymes are used in other industries. I found that very interesting.
Tank GSD Born jul 22 16, diag EPI 22 months, TLI 06/08/18 b12 181,folate 22 TLI <1, TLI 08/15/18 b12 423 folate 12 TLI <1.0, Acana Lamb 2c 1c 2c mixed with 4 2 4 ounces fresh beef pancreas,liquified and mixed room temp, 6 hours, fortiflana probiotic, monthly b12 8cc, highest weight 93lbs(too chunky)lowest 73, current 82. Hate this disease.

Jillian

Post by Jillian » 25 Oct 2018, 22:55

We have still not received our first package of enzymes, but Diane sent a second package to a UPS store in New York State and we picked it up and crossed the border without any issues. I checked with Canada Customs and you are quite right, the enzymes are allowed to be shipped to Canada and are used in foods. I also checked the Customs Tariff Schedule and it states that "...organs for organo-theraputic uses, dried, whether or not powdered ... " ( Chapter 30, 30.01, T2018) are not subject to tariff either. Even Health Canada lists pancreatin as acceptable for use in food products. I guess we were just unlucky this time!
Jillian