2023 DVM360 Veterinary Conference

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

2023 DVM360 Veterinary Conference

Post by Olesia711 » 14 Mar 2023, 15:18

2023 March 24, 25, & 26th DVM360 Fetch Conference in Charlotte, North Carolina

The president and vice president of Epi4Dogs, Olesia Kennedy and Diane Sloan, are very excited to be attending the 2023 DVM 360 Conference in Charlotte, NC. This conference will be packed with veterinarian leaders and colleagues sharing and learning about the recent advances in the veterinarian field. We at Epi4Dogs will be presenting at this conference, booth 233, in hopes of updating the veterinarian community with the latest in EPI research and bringing better awareness of EPI treatment for our beloved EPI companions.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: 2023 DVM360 Veterinary Conference

Post by jilbert57 » 14 Mar 2023, 15:22

This is so exciting. I can't wait to hear all about it and get updates!
A plethora of knowledge.
Thanks you two!

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 14 Mar 2023, 15:33

we are VERY excited to be attending this conference!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

TrixEPIMama
State: Texas
Pet name: Trixie

Post by TrixEPIMama » 15 Mar 2023, 11:24

And having a booth there is great! I'm shocked that, even with EPI seemingly spreading, so many vets know so little about it (or worse, think they know something when what they know is wrong or misleading).

Have a great experience, and thank you both for being ambassadors for the cause (and for our dogs and cats).
Trixie is an Australian cattle dog or mix, likely born in the Fall of 2020. Picked up as a stray, she was already suffering undiagnosed EPI when we adopted her. Test later showed TLI <1 and cobalamin 189.

Her (non-standard) treatment is 1900 mcg of pure freeze-dried pork pancreas from Allergy Research Group per day. Also 1/4 teaspoon of slippery elm powder and 1/2 (previously one) capsule a day of WonderLabs TrinFac-B, all mixed into her food and served immediately, without the usual 20-minute wait.

We feed Canidae Angus Beef and Barley, which may not yet be the perfect food, but she's doing well and has "happy" normal poops.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 15 Mar 2023, 12:06

thanks! and that is why we will be presenting there.... we are noticing of late that too many vets are not prescribing the correct protocol or meds for EPI dogs... and we need to "re-educate" the community...........hopefully this will help!

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 16 Mar 2023, 13:14

I'm so glad you both are going. The information you provide will be so helpful to the vets attending. Thank you for doing this. We will look forward to all the information you bring back, too.

Barb

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 16 Mar 2023, 21:07

We ARE excited to be going.... it's been so long since i have attended a conference myself due to my bad lower back..... since this is only 3 hours away, i am hoping all will go well... with me and with our presentations!!

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 24 Mar 2023, 10:07

They have arrived look forward to feed back
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 24 Mar 2023, 11:05

Great! Thanks, Jean.

Barb