Prayers for Tucker

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Re: Prayers for Tucker

Post by Montgomery » 18 Jul 2023, 18:20

Relieved to hear that Tucker is home with his family. He's been through a lot and I'm sure all he wants to do is be with the people who love him best. I know this isn't easy, and I'm really sorry you're all going through this.
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He is SUPPOSED to be eating a home-cooked diet, but refuses. He eats Purina True Instinct Grain-Free Chicken and whatever chicken-based tinned food we can entice him with. Nine pounds of pure stubbornness. He gets two size 0 capsules of Enzyme Diane at each meal and one size 4 capsule of Tylosin three times daily. Sometimes he gets Petromalt. He's our little Spitfire, and when he purrs you KNOW he's got a real Merlin engine. Lately, he's taken to giving hugs.

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 18 Jul 2023, 21:31

V---We have some time now. However long, it is a treasure, and yes, we are all relieved to have him home. Thank you. ---P
Tucker was a shepherd mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Diane's Enzymes 4 t/day, B12 1 capsule/day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/day. Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 4 c/day. 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma Nov. 2023. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Now there's Nina. 5 year old GSD. TLI 1.0 B12 323. We are still tweaking her routine, and getting lots of help from the forum. She is klutzy and goofy, and we love her dearly, too.

Michaela
State: Texas
Pet name: Nikki
My name: Michaela

Post by Michaela » 19 Jul 2023, 08:24

YEEEEES, so glad to see this wonderful update 😍 Give that sweet boy a hug from me!

R.I.P. Nikki 11/21/2009 - 05/23/2023

Nikki was diagnosed with EPI in 2010
Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat canned
Slippery Elm syrup for stomach issues
1 tsp Pan-Tenex enzymes with each meal
Weekly B12 shots, pills didn't work for her
Tylan for life

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

Tuckaboo Pam

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 19 Jul 2023, 08:45

V---

Of the 1,000 hugs I'll give him today, I'll make sure one is from you and one is from sweet Nikki in dog heaven.

Do you know the book Dog Heaven, by Cynthia Rylant?
Tucker was a shepherd mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Diane's Enzymes 4 t/day, B12 1 capsule/day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/day. Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 4 c/day. 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma Nov. 2023. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Now there's Nina. 5 year old GSD. TLI 1.0 B12 323. We are still tweaking her routine, and getting lots of help from the forum. She is klutzy and goofy, and we love her dearly, too.

Tuckaboo Pam

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 19 Jul 2023, 11:33

Michaela, I mixed up you & V. So sorry.

Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Post by Montgomery » 19 Jul 2023, 16:18

Oh, you can hug him for me, too! Spoil him absolutely rotten!
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He is SUPPOSED to be eating a home-cooked diet, but refuses. He eats Purina True Instinct Grain-Free Chicken and whatever chicken-based tinned food we can entice him with. Nine pounds of pure stubbornness. He gets two size 0 capsules of Enzyme Diane at each meal and one size 4 capsule of Tylosin three times daily. Sometimes he gets Petromalt. He's our little Spitfire, and when he purrs you KNOW he's got a real Merlin engine. Lately, he's taken to giving hugs.

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 21 Jul 2023, 10:32

I am so glad you were able to make that decision and bring Tucker home. You can treasure every moment and have no regrets. Know that we are with you during this difficult but loving time. It is a profound experience. And Tucker knows that you are there with him.

Sending hugs, light, and love.......and more hugs.

Barb

Sadie'sMom
State: Wisconsin
Pet name: Sadie
My name: Lisa

Post by Sadie'sMom » 24 Jul 2023, 14:32

HI Barb:

I just saw your post about Tucker. You have been very supportive of our EPI situation ever since I first began posting. And I'm always thankful when someone takes the time to offer advice or words of encouragement. So it's my turn to tell you that I'm thinking about you & Tucker and praying that whatever time you have left with him that it's quality time. I know that Bella, who we lost recently, would have only wanted to be home with us and not at a hospital for an extended period. Especially when her diagnosis was terminal. I pray that you get some good news from the vet(s) and that you get to continue giving him 1,000 hugs a day for as long as possible.

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Take care and please give Tuck hug #1001 from us.

Lisa & Sadie
Sadie is a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever ("Toller" for short). She eats Authority Grain Free Chicken & Pea kibble. To make sure she ingests the enzymes, we mix some No Sodium Chicken Broth and a small handful of meat - chicken, hamburger, pork - and stir it up with her dog food (she eats like a champ now!). With each meal she gets 5 scoops (1 1/4 tsp's) of Diane's Enzymes and a WonderLabs B-12 with Intrinsic factor. She gets 1 Proviable-DC probiotic per day. Diagnosed in September 2019 with EPI. She has some issues with dry skin we are dealing with now.

Tuckaboo Pam

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 25 Jul 2023, 16:49

Lisa,

Thank you so much. I'm sad to hear about Bella. We are still waiting on the lab results, but the odds Tucker's tumor was benign are very, very low. This boy is a different dog since surgery. He is barely afraid of thunder now, and he used to be terrified, and he has become affectionate with my husband, which he never was. So strange. I'm on the hunt for a hard plastic wading pool, and I plan on turning the sprinkler on him & letting him go to town. I saw this contraption made for dogs to water-play, but the reviews say they aren't resistant to doggy nails. So I'm making my own & since we're in FL, we can do this until he doesn't want to anymore. I want him to have fun. He deserves it. I'm trying to find out more about what he'll go through, so that we'll know when to say goodbye to this dear, sweet boy. Thanks so much for checking in on us. It makes my heart happy.

Pam & Tucker

Sadie'sMom
State: Wisconsin
Pet name: Sadie
My name: Lisa

Post by Sadie'sMom » 25 Jul 2023, 16:58

Hey Tuck's mom:

I love the sprinkler idea. Dog's always seem to sense things....so maybe that's why you are seeing some changes in Tucker. I still get teary eyed when I think about our sweet Bella and I appreciate your kind words about her. They may have 4 paws.....but they are just like children to me (although our daughters get jealous at times at how spoiled our pups are). Lol.

I will continue to say a prayer for Tucker, especially that he stay here as long as he can.

Hugs - Lisa & Sadie
Sadie is a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever ("Toller" for short). She eats Authority Grain Free Chicken & Pea kibble. To make sure she ingests the enzymes, we mix some No Sodium Chicken Broth and a small handful of meat - chicken, hamburger, pork - and stir it up with her dog food (she eats like a champ now!). With each meal she gets 5 scoops (1 1/4 tsp's) of Diane's Enzymes and a WonderLabs B-12 with Intrinsic factor. She gets 1 Proviable-DC probiotic per day. Diagnosed in September 2019 with EPI. She has some issues with dry skin we are dealing with now.