Prayers for Tucker

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: Prayers for Tucker

Post by Olesia711 » 04 Nov 2023, 19:52

ahh thanks Pam for your kind words.......... life is good when they are still happy, even when we know their days are limited, but if you can still see a sparkle in their eyes ... that sparkle is worth the world!

I know these are rough times for you and Tucker... but i am sure you are treasuring all your moments with him.

Please know you are in our thoughts .................
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 05 Nov 2023, 12:57

Pam, those of us who have been through this know what you are going through and our hearts go out to you. It is not easy. But you are doing a beautiful job of taking care of your boy during these precious days with him. Tucker is so lucky to have you. Being present with him is the best gift you could share with him.

The French philosopher, Albert Camus, described his experience of difficult times this way:

"In the depth of winter
I discovered deep within myself
An invincible summer."

We send you love and strength during this "winter" so that you can discover the "invincible summer within you and be there every moment for Tucker.

Hugs,

Barb

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 06 Nov 2023, 18:04

Thank you, all of you. So, so much. Your words mean more than you can know.

Yesterday & today have been a little rough. When Tucker starts acting tired & he's just not himself, I think that's when he is having a rupture. I have Chinese herbs to give him, at those times. So the past two days have been "rupture days", I think.

After the last episode, a couple of weeks ago, I decided that the next time it happened, I'd let him go. When he woke yesterday, he was clearly in the throes of a bleed, and I paused, because WHY wouldn't I save his life, if I could? Yes, We're all gonna die, but we do what we can to stay alive today, so it was an easy call to convince myself to give him the herbs.

I knew the herbs had worked, when he gobbled a Hershey kiss from my hand (his first chocolate, ever), and a handful of shredded cheddar. THAT put a twinkle in his eye! Tuck deserves to be spoiled a little. He is, however, more tired than I've seen him. ---P
Tucker was a shepherd mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Diane's Enzymes 4 t/day, B12 1 capsule/day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/day. Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 4 c/day. 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma Nov. 2023. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Now there's Nina. 5 year old GSD. TLI 1.0 B12 323. We are still tweaking her routine, and getting lots of help from the forum. She is klutzy and goofy, and we love her dearly, too.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 06 Nov 2023, 19:34

Oh Pam... my heart goes out to you...... i know you are doing your best by him and i am glad to hear that the chinese herbs appears to give Tucker a little boost.... even though you know................................ *sigh*..... so i am keeping you and him in my thoughts .

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........