Sushi's Saga

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: Sushi's Saga

Post by Olesia711 » 30 Nov 2023, 16:36

oh wow! thanks Jeremy for letting us know that the enzyme icing worked out for your Eddie :)
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Eddiespaghetti
State: California
Pet name: Eddie
My name: Jeremy

Post by Eddiespaghetti » 30 Nov 2023, 16:42

I did have to give him up to 300 percent his daily recommended caloric intake. After about a month of that, Eddie cut himself back. We now feed him about what he should have daily. He was finally not hungry all the time and only eats twice a day now, if that. He put himself at his ideal weight.
With the icing start with less water and add water as needed to get to the consistency you want. My partner used to be a professional baker. They knew about royal icing and handled it pretty quickly.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 30 Nov 2023, 16:50

Ahhh you were lucky with Eddie.... i never was able to reduce Izzy's amount of food to "normal" as she forever required more calories to keep the weight stable.

Gotta love these EPI dogs.... did you ever notice how we might try to implement "recommended" protocols... and many of our dogs just don't want to follow the rules????? They sure keep us on our toes!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Eddiespaghetti
State: California
Pet name: Eddie
My name: Jeremy

Post by Eddiespaghetti » 30 Nov 2023, 18:09

Eddie just stopped eating lunch. After 5 days, we were tired of throwing food away. We stopped feeding him lunch, then he stopped eating all his breakfast and dinner so we just cut it back. Now, he barely eats breakfast. He just isn't starving anymore.