Unopened pancreatic enzyme available due to death of our Dharma

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
tcolyer
Pet name: Dharma
My name: Terry

Unopened pancreatic enzyme available due to death of our Dharma

Post by tcolyer » 07 Dec 2023, 00:58

D at C.jpeg
D at C.jpeg (144.81 KiB) Viewed 14772 times
We recently lost our 12½ year old GSD Dharma. She was an EPI survivor who healed and flourished after being rescued at age 3½ years from a life in a pen 24/7 with regular beatings and no treatment for her genetic illness. Dharma was a rare gift who returned many times the love and affection she required to become her best self. Attached is a fav picture of her. As she died, my 500 gram pancreatic enzyme refill order from EnzymeDiane arrived. It remains unopened and has been refrigerated to ensure freshness. I am hoping to recover my $288CAD cost if I can in finding this essential product a new home where it will help another EPI dog. We are in Victoria, BC, Canada, and can be contacted by email. Thank you.
TERRY
Enzyme invoice.jpeg
Enzyme invoice.jpeg (2.57 MiB) Viewed 14769 times
Cindy shot 7-23.jpg
Cindy shot 7-23.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 14769 times
Attachments
Last enzyme shipment.jpg
Last enzyme shipment.jpg (2.98 MiB) Viewed 14772 times

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Unopened pancreatic enzyme available due to death of our Dharma

Post by jilbert57 » 07 Dec 2023, 08:59

Terry,
I am sorry to hear you lost your good girl. It sounds like you were both lucky to have found each other. She is gorgeous.
We never have them long enough.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 07 Dec 2023, 17:56

Oh, Terry, Dharma was a beautiful girl. Her story, and yours, is very touching. I am so sorry you lost her. We are going on a month, since we lost Tucker, and I am wondering when it will happen, that I will stop being sad & stop talking to my boy. Take Care. Pam
Tucker was a shepherd mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Diane's Enzymes 4 t/day, B12 1 capsule/day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/day. Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 4 c/day. 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma Nov. 2023. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Now there's Nina. 5 year old GSD. TLI 1.0 B12 323. We are still tweaking her routine, and getting lots of help from the forum. She is klutzy and goofy, and we love her dearly, too.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 07 Dec 2023, 22:04

Hi Terry,

I am so sorry that you had to say goodbye to Dharma... it sounds like you gave her a beautiful 2nd chance at life, from a horrible beginning that she had and that her life with you was well lived by her and that she gave you much joy too. It hurts so much when we lose such a beautiful soul and companion.

If you will give me your permission, i will also post this on our Epi4Dogs Facebook page....to give you more exposure.......... you can let me know by emailing me privately at
olesia.kennedy@gmail.com
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

johnbrittain
State: Colorado
Pet name: Lanky
My name: John Brittain

Post by johnbrittain » 10 Dec 2023, 23:00

tcolyer wrote: 07 Dec 2023, 00:58 D at C.jpegWe recently lost our 12½ year old GSD Dharma.uno online She was an EPI survivor who healed and flourished after being rescued at age 3½ years from a life in a pen 24/7 with regular beatings and no treatment for her genetic illness. Dharma was a rare gift who returned many times the love and affection she required to become her best self. Attached is a fav picture of her. As she died, my 500 gram pancreatic enzyme refill order from EnzymeDiane arrived. It remains unopened and has been refrigerated to ensure freshness. I am hoping to recover my $288CAD cost if I can in finding this essential product a new home where it will help another EPI dog. We are in Victoria, BC, Canada, and can be contacted by email. Thank you.
TERRYEnzyme invoice.jpegCindy shot 7-23.jpg
Dharma is truly a cute girl. I'm sorry hearing that :cry:

tcolyer
Pet name: Dharma
My name: Terry

Post by tcolyer » 19 Apr 2024, 20:53

Hi, All. Hope your canine lives are thriving. I've been doing some traveling since the loss of beloved Dharma and still have her final unopened pack of EnzymeDiane pancreatic enzyme available for a new home here in Victoria where I live. I will accept the best offer for it. If interested, please let me know. Cheers,

TERRY

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 20 Apr 2024, 16:25

Thank you Terry for offering her enzymes.
Safe travels.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.