My Boy Tucker

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Re: My Boy Tucker

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 12 Dec 2023, 14:44

I'm a pretty sappy, nostalgic kind of person, so from time to time I like to come back to the forum and say hello. I hope everyone is doing well.

I had a close call this morning. A little girl named Cinnamon, pictured on the shelter's website, called to me, and I decided to check her out. (We only have four dogs now, and four is such a weird number :D )...She is terrified, being in that cold kennel, so we may end up fostering her over Christmas break, to see how she likes it here, BUT!!!! I came home and told my husband that we had just dodged a bullet!---

Before going to the shelter, I had to drop off donations at Hospice Attic, and then I shopped a little. Turns out this was a very good move, because---

If I had gone to the shelter first thing, I would have seen the 4-month-old mostly black GSD girl who had been surrendered just this morning, before the couple who adopted her. They brought their dog to meet her, and I hung out for awhile (hoping the meeting would be a disaster), but then I came to my senses & left. WHEW! But guys, she was C U T E !!!

I miss my Tuckaboo, and apparently I need to get used to that, but a distraction sure would be nice, about now. Take Care!---Pam
Tucker was a shepherd mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Diane's Enzymes 4 t/day, B12 1 capsule/day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/day. Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 4 c/day. 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma Nov. 2023. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Now there's Nina. 5 year old GSD. TLI 1.0 B12 323. We are still tweaking her routine, and getting lots of help from the forum. She is klutzy and goofy, and we love her dearly, too.