Another way to log

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Bpcooper14
State: Virginia

Another way to log

Post by Bpcooper14 » 14 Jul 2018, 14:12

Loving the site so far. As I sat here writing down in my log Ace's latest meal, I started thinking that maybe there is an easier way to do this. I was on vacation last week visiting family and at a wedding and through the hustle and bustle here there and everywhere, I didn't really log anything for over a week.
At work, we have transitioned a lot of information to Google (sheets, docs, forms, etc.) so I started thinking that this might be a perfect way to approach this in a way that is not only convenient, but stored and accessible everywhere. I've pulled up the log that Diane has and the epi4dogs log and put together a google form with a lot of that information. I've created a link on the homepage of my phone that takes me directly to that form. Do I always have my log handy? Nope. Do most people in today's society have their phone with them more often than not? Yup.
Here's the LINK to it, if anyone wants to take a peek. Just don't go submitting your pooches meals to my spreadsheet! :lol:
Any suggestions would be more than welcome.
Hi all, I'm Bill. Ace was diagnosed with EPI on 5/31/18. In January, 2018 he was at the vet for routine check-up and weighed in at 34 lbs. In May after fighting with weeks of poor poo, he weighed 24.6 lbs. On Saturday July 28th, Ace was diagnosed as diabetic.
2 meals per day. He receives 6 units Vetsulin injections twice daily with each meal.
1 cup Victor Multi pro with 1/2 cup ground chicken breast, 1/4 cup sweet potato, 1/4 fat free cottage cheese. 1/2 tsp Pantenex enzymes, incubated 20-30 minutes.

Kodis Mom
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Another way to log

Post by Kodis Mom » 14 Jul 2018, 17:35

Love you techy people !!! Looks very good and efficent. Its a great idea ! Me.. the none techy person.. I'll stick to my monthly log paper taped to the inside of my kitchen cupboard ! From there it goes into a 3 ring binder (yes.. they still make them !! ;-) . It drives my vet crazy if he asks too many questions !
Kodi
B. 8/19/2010 Diagnosed at 11 months.
Kodi is now on Natures Logic turkey and/or pork kibble, 2 cups with 2 teaspoons of enzymes, 1/8 teaspoon of ground coriander, 1/16 teaspoon of cinnamon and ground fennel seed (for tummy upsets) twice a day, plus one one B12 capsule from Wonderlabs. She has been very stable and on occasion needs a dose ofTylan.
She is our second GSD with EPI. It was not so scary this time ! And thank goodness for epi4dogs.com ! 💝 Kodi passed on August 25, 2023 just after her 13th birthday.💝 Forever grateful to Olesia and epi4dogs. She live a long and adventurous life with EPI.

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 14 Jul 2018, 18:04

I love this!!! How would I go about creating one for myself? I use Google Chrome - I'm being forced to become more tech savy these days. I would love this as I have not been keeping up with my log the past month. :shock:
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Bpcooper14

Post by Bpcooper14 » 14 Jul 2018, 20:00

Madelon - So this is a quick and dirty "test" of the form I created. I hope you don't mind that I borrowed the banner at the top of the webpage for this.

1. Click on this LINK. A new tab should pop up asking if you would like to make a copy of Epi4Dogs log. If you have a google account, it will ask you to sign in or create an account.

2. Click on 'Make a Copy' and that page should open up the Google form of the log. Here you can make any adjustments, additions, or deletions as you see fit.

3. At the top of the form, you will see questions and responses. Click on Responses. Look for the little green symbol that signifies a Google Sheet. Click on that symbol to create a Google Sheet in your drive account. This is where all of your responses will be stored. Make sure that the name of the form and the name of the sheet match otherwise your responses will disappear and float through cyberspace.

4. At this point, you have edited the form to contain the information you want and have created the spreadsheet to match. IF everything goes to plan, you now have a form you can use to store information. If you scroll to the top right of the page, you should see what looks like an eyeball (or the CBS symbol :) ). Click on that to see a live view of how the form looks. Fill in, click submit and it should show up in the sheet you have in Drive.
Hi all, I'm Bill. Ace was diagnosed with EPI on 5/31/18. In January, 2018 he was at the vet for routine check-up and weighed in at 34 lbs. In May after fighting with weeks of poor poo, he weighed 24.6 lbs. On Saturday July 28th, Ace was diagnosed as diabetic.
2 meals per day. He receives 6 units Vetsulin injections twice daily with each meal.
1 cup Victor Multi pro with 1/2 cup ground chicken breast, 1/4 cup sweet potato, 1/4 fat free cottage cheese. 1/2 tsp Pantenex enzymes, incubated 20-30 minutes.

Stacie & Dizzy
Staff
State: Arkansas

Post by Stacie & Dizzy » 15 Jul 2018, 08:23

I use google sheets to keep up with my sales on eBay. I sadly did not set it up, my brother had to do it for me. I like the log that you have made. Great job, by the way Ace sure is a cutie!
My name is Stacie and my girl's name is Dizzy. German Shepherd, Age 10-diagnosed 12/24/2011 at 55 pounds, current weight is 93 pounds.
Feeding Taste of the Wild 4 cups a day with Enzyme Diane 1tsp per cup. Wonderlabs b12 once daily.
Dizzy has Pannus, given Cyclosporine drops in each eye twice daily. Pepcid once daily. Apoquel for allergies once daily.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 15 Jul 2018, 18:48

OMG... this is a FANTASTIC way to keep track of a log, especially if you tend to be very "mobile"... would you mind if i included your idea on our EPI Log page??????????????????
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Bpcooper14

Post by Bpcooper14 » 15 Jul 2018, 19:41

I absolutely don't mind at all. That's the reason I put one together with the Epi4Dogs banner. The nice thing about downloading the form I put together is that everyone can put their own little spin on the different sections based on their own pup's situation, diet, meds, etc.
I'm always mucking around with things, trying to come up with different ways to do things that hopefully can make the process easier, more efficient, what have you. If there's anything else I can do, let me know. It's the least I could do given the amount of help and information I've received in a short time being here.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 15 Jul 2018, 22:38

thank you SO much... this is such a great idea.

I have company visiting me right now, so i won't be able to do this until late Monday or Tuesday, but i will let you know when i uploaded the information so that you can see it :)

Again great idea and thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 17 Jul 2018, 17:44

Hi Bill and everyone.

Bill's very convenient GOOGLE EPI LOG is now on our website (with instructions)... please check it out on the EPI Log page
https://epi4dogs.com/epi-log/

Once again, THANK YOU Bill!!!!

Bpcooper14

Post by Bpcooper14 » 17 Jul 2018, 20:11

Ok, so for all of those who might be interested in the Log I put together, I did a quick screen grab video recording of the set up process from clicking the link above (or on the log page) to setting up any adjustments to setting up the google sheet where the responses are stored. I demonstrate how to get the url (web address) for the live form and how to go through and make an entry to the log. Finally I open up the google sheet and show how the spreadsheet appears with a response loaded. You can see from the video how I have both the log and the response form saved as a quick link on the bookmark toolbar so it is always readily accessible.
I hope it helps!

https://youtu.be/4LzgHvkNdGk