Containers?

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
RichardB
State: California
Pet name: Sassy
My name: Richard

Containers?

Post by RichardB » 10 Apr 2019, 22:07

Hi All,
Time for the advanced class in EPI maintenance, I hope.
I get my enzymes from Diane and am wondering how you pro's keep them. I'm on my first bag and about half way done. Sticking my hand in there to get 2 teaspoons doesn't seem like the best way to do this. So, have you found a better way? Some other sealed container or jar? Just thinking there's gotta be a better way and don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks in advance,
Richard and Sassy

Riley's Mom
Staff
State: Virginia

Re: Containers?

Post by Riley's Mom » 10 Apr 2019, 22:21

Richard
People all have their favorite way of storing enzymes. I put mine in a jar with a screw top lid and store in the dark in my cabinet. I have a dedicated measuring spoon that just lives in there and has no other job.
I do not like to stick my hand in the bag either, I knew pretty early on that wasn't going to work for me :lol:
Elisabeth

Riley is a 10 year old Labradoodle. She was diagnosed with EPI in 2014.
She currently eats Taste of the Wild, I cup in the morning, 2 cups in the evening, each meal with 1 Wonderlabs B12 sprinkled over her dinner. Enzymes are EnzymeDiane, 1 tsp per cup of food, mixed in home made bone broth. No other supplements or meds at this time.
Riley currently weighs about 44 pounds, which is pretty heavy for her.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 11 Apr 2019, 14:12

Probably Tupperware, but there are water proof containers all over the place

glass jars can create condensation, purely because, of the differential in temperatute inside and out, you cannot have air inside, and opening the lid creates air , this goes back to making jam !

maybe a collapsable container

we dont have this over here

Jean
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 11 Apr 2019, 14:38

When I get the bag from Diane, I transfer the contents into heavy plastic jars with screw-on lids. I had saved some of these from when I was ordering from a commercial company online before I discovered Diane. I also put in a couple of those packets to keep moisture down and keep the jars in a corner cabinet in my kitchen that doesn't get any light. Like Lis, I have designated spoons that I use only for the enzymes.

My daughter recently bought glass jars that have a rubber seal that look like they might work, too.

Barb

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 13 Apr 2019, 19:56

I keep the enzymes in their original bag from Diane and then put them inside a ziplock bag in my kitchen cabinet. I keep one measuring spoon in there. I've never had an issue - everyone has their own special way.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.