Ruby skin care and flea meds

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Ruby
State: Florida

Ruby skin care and flea meds

Post by Ruby » 18 Jun 2019, 22:19

Just an update and also this might help someone else. Ruby doo bee is still getting better. I have been using Vetericyn Plus Wound and Skin Care. Natural stuff It is a spray that you can use and helps with any wounds also it helps keep you dogs skin soft. My dog's skin was soooo very dry this has helped her tremendously. She had lost almost all her hair because a groomer shampooed her 3 times at one visit with medicated shampoo. I won't go into that now. This Vetericyn has helped her hair to start growing where it wasn't growing before. And has helped her very dry skin become soft.

As far as me using Advantage II on her for fleas. Didn't work for her ... it caused any little of hair that was growing to fall out and made her skin itchy. No fleas, no using Advantage any more for her and Used Vetericyn Plus for her skin and helping to get her hair to start growing again. Maybe this will help someone . If you decided to buy Vetericyn I bought it at Petco at first. I found that buying it at Tractor Supply is was the same price as Petco but..... at Petco for an 8 oz. bottle ...Tractor Supply has it for 16 oz. for the very same price.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: Ruby skin care and flea meds

Post by Jean » 19 Jun 2019, 03:16

Thank you soooo much for this

Ruby sure has issues, and the groomer went way over board, but............ they should try a sample like you do with any hair shampoo's etc on humans

Apple cider venegar is supposed to be good, as is Advantage, which is the one we used , but Ruby's body wont have it, maybe resort to the flea comb if necessary, and keep away from foxes

What is amazing, is, there are few actual dog fleas in UK they are mostly cat, and fox, and migrate to our cat or dog causing mayhem

let us know what happens

j
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Re: Ruby skin care and flea meds

Post by Madelon » 26 Jun 2019, 22:12

Boy you and Ruby have sure been through A LOT and she is so lucky to have such a dedicated mom! Glad you've found what works for her and you both are now having some relief.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.