Enzymes

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
K Stott

Enzymes

Post by K Stott » 05 Jul 2019, 13:14

Good day all. I originally joined this forum about 8 years ago but haven't been on it for several years so I just re registered. Unfortunately we had to put our Phoenix down a few days ago and I have enzymes and medications specifically for EPI dogs so I thought this would be the best place to find someone who may be in need of them. I recently received a 1 kg bag of Enzyme Diane's Pancreatin 6X so there is quite a bit left. I have a couple of bottles of Wonderlab Pet Factor B12 w/instrinsic factor and some Metronidazole 250 mg pills.
I live in Mississauga, Ontario Canada and work in Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada, so if there is anyone in this area please let me know.
Thanks

Miss Maddie Moo
Staff

Re: Enzymes

Post by Miss Maddie Moo » 05 Jul 2019, 13:20

Hello i am very sorry to read about Phoenix i lost my gal last year so i do know how you are feeling.Thank you so much for your generous offer of the enzymes if it is okay with you may we share this on our FB page as well?
Run free Phoenix .
Maddie DX April 2011 along with low B12 she was feed with a low fibre food below 3% , fat was not restricted ( she wasnt good on pea based foods ) She initially had a course of B12 shots weekly over a period of 6 months and then we used the B12 pills from Chemeyes in the UK . We used Panzym and slowly had to increase the dose as she aged when she was first DX she was 23kg but she gained weight quickly and got back to 33 kg .
Maddie gained her angel wings in Jan 2018 at the age of 10 to a condition unrelated to EPI.
[/color]

K Stott

Post by K Stott » 05 Jul 2019, 13:22

Yes, please post where ever you see fit. Thank you for your thoughts. It's a very sad time for us.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 05 Jul 2019, 13:36

I am sorry to hear about Phoenix. Your thoughtfulness is very kind.
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 05 Jul 2019, 13:59

I am so sorry to hear about Phoenix... it is never easy to say good bye to our 4 legged companions.....but hopefully the good memories will someday soon ease the loss.

Regarding the enzymes, B12 and metro.....first thank you for you generosity and for thinking of others during such a sad time for you. Let me check around... what would be great is if we can find an EPI parent that lives in Canada that can benefit from it.... as that will greatly save on shipping/custom charges.

I will let you know what i find out...
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

K Stott

Post by K Stott » 05 Jul 2019, 14:08

Thank you. I'm not asking for any payment. I just don't want to see them go to waste.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 05 Jul 2019, 14:26

I lost my Kara in May so I am with you

much love

Jeanx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 08 Jul 2019, 21:43

I am so so sorry for your loss. It's extremely generous of you to think of others while you are grieving your beloved baby.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 09 Jul 2019, 14:56

I am so sorry for your loss. I remember Phoenix. I always loved the name. Thank you for your generosity during a very sad time for you and your family. Phoenix's light is already shining through.

Hugs,

Barb

K Stott

Post by K Stott » 09 Jul 2019, 15:06

Thank you Barb
It gets a little better every day but I know it will take a while. The house is so quite now and I miss that pretty face snuggling up to me every morning. Appreciate your thoughts.
Kathy