Happy 14th Birthday Izzy

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Happy 14th Birthday Izzy

Post by Olesia711 » 11 Jul 2019, 09:59

Today is Izzy's 14th Birthday. I have been so blessed to have this plain little brown dog .... she literally changed the course of my life!

Epi4Dogs was started because Izzy developed EPI when she was 1 year and 5 months old. At that time there was no place to go for complete comprehensive information.... AND..... no one was doing any current research on this condition as to why it happens................. I felt lost and very frustrated.... hence..... Epi4Dogs was started...

Thank you Izzy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Izzy, this little Spanish Water Dog, was also blessed with the will of a warrior. In her life she has managed life-long incontinence, EPI, central brain vestibular inflammation, rocky mountain spotted fever tick disease, IMHA, diabetes, and low thyroid .... and yet she still greets each day full of joy, gives me lots of lovin', has a bounce in her step when we go for walks, and even has it in her to be sneaky and play tricks on Lulu, her younger sister.

Thank you Izzy for sharing your life with me, my very special heart dog.... Happy 14th! Here is a picture
Izzy 14th B'day -3.jpg
Izzy 14th B'day -3.jpg (2.76 MiB) Viewed 5055 times
i took of her this morning on her 14th Birthday...
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Happy 14th Birthday Izzy

Post by jilbert57 » 11 Jul 2019, 10:11

Happy 14th birthday Izzy! I hope you know how loved you are by all :D
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 11 Jul 2019, 14:47

Thank Jill! We do know.... so many people, so many friendship over many years....
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Michaela
State: Texas
Pet name: Nikki
My name: Michaela

Post by Michaela » 11 Jul 2019, 18:04

"Happy Birthday Izzy"

I can't believe she's 14, where did the time go?

R.I.P. Nikki 11/21/2009 - 05/23/2023

Nikki was diagnosed with EPI in 2010
Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat canned
Slippery Elm syrup for stomach issues
1 tsp Pan-Tenex enzymes with each meal
Weekly B12 shots, pills didn't work for her
Tylan for life

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 11 Jul 2019, 22:09

I know... it's crazy how the time has just flown by!

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 12 Jul 2019, 03:21

we are all for ever grateful for this dog's existance, and your guidance in all things EPI

I am for ever in your debt Olesia

Jeanx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 12 Jul 2019, 09:23

Thanks Jean, but Izzy (and me) just started Epi4Dogs.... but it is because of you and all the other people we have met along the way that has made Epi4Dogs such a success and success begets success and because of the amazing contributions of sharing experiences, observing issues/results that has prompted valid research, helping one another world-wide, having the only EPI Registry in the world, and being the center for comprehensive and current EPI information. So much so that we, Epi4Dogs, has been able to accomplish so much!!!!! Astounding research, credibility in the veterinary community and we have even effected change in protocol in how to better manage EPI. And it is all because of the contribution each an everyone of you have made !!!!!

Thank YOU!

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 12 Jul 2019, 11:28

they always say that "it takes teamwork to make a dreamwork" John Maxwell , and I am proud to to be part of your team, and for the last 8 years part of an extended family, and made such friends

Love always

Jeanx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 14 Jul 2019, 10:08

So glad to celebrate Izzy's 14th birthday. I thought she shared my birthday, the 12th, but it looks like we are a day apart.

As I think about her story and yours, Olesia, I realize once again that we never know where our paths will lead us, but trusting our choices provides the wisdom to choose the best path. The brilliance of Robert Frost's words,

"......I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference...."

is true and relevant even today, all these many years after he wrote them. The difference you and Izzy have made is incalculable. Because you were willing to take the road less traveled, we have all reaped the benefits, and received the riches found along that path.

Happy Birthday, Izzy. Many, many more.

Barb

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 14 Jul 2019, 11:07

Oh Barb..... thank you so much for you kind words..... and.....your words, more than Robert Frosts', truly touched my heart " Because you were willing to take the road less traveled, we have all reaped the benefits, and received the riches found along that path. "

Thank YOU..... but what i also wish people would realize is how much Izzy and my life has been touched by each one of you.... WE (me and Izzy!) have reaped so, so so much because of each of YOU!!!!