Breathing problems from enzyme

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Re: Breathing problems from enzyme

Post by Madelon » 19 Jul 2019, 23:53

Thank you Jean and Jill for helping Pam out. I have been on vacation.

As far as the sensitivity to the enzymes - yes they can be quite sensitive to some - requiring wearing a surgical mask type of thing or gloves. I personally have EXTREME allergies but have been fortunate the enzymes have not bothered me. If it is unbearable, you could look into Creon instead of the powder enzymes but that is a whole other ball game.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Ruby
State: Florida

Re: Breathing problems from enzyme

Post by Ruby » 23 Jul 2019, 22:50

I had a problem years ago when I started using the powder also. I called Pfizer institute they told me not to use it anymore. I was having problems pretty bad. So I bought and still use CREON 10,000 capsules . No more problem for me and none for my dog. I give her (2) 10,000 Creon capsules too 2 3/4 cups of dog food. I place the capsules in my had with a little water that I ran over them and she take it right up. It works for her all the time and I never have had a problem every again and it has been 9 years. You can get Creon 10,000 from Chemist Warehouse without a prescription. They are not very expensive. If I buy them locally they will cost me a lot of money every month.

I would try using (1) 10,000 capsule at first .... you will be able to tell from from how your dogs poop is ...it will take a little while if you need more than try upping it

I hope this help solve your problem it did for me and my dog.