Panakare plus power

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Loki4114
State: Arizona
Pet name: Loki

Panakare plus power

Post by Loki4114 » 07 Aug 2019, 15:27

I ordered panakare plus from allover and when it came the bottle seem to buckle from the heat. Its 110 in AZ. The bottle said it cant take heat after 95. Has anyone had a problems with that n did they use it. Thank u

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Panakare plus power

Post by jilbert57 » 07 Aug 2019, 15:35

I know if the water is too hot when you go to incubate the enzymes it will kill the enzymes. I am not sure about in the powdered form. I would call the company that makes them and ask.
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 07 Aug 2019, 19:37

I agree with Jill that you should call the company to make sure the heat has not adversely affected the enzymes. Let us know what they say.

Barb

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 08 Aug 2019, 04:53

110 I couldnt cope with that

doesnt look like you can keep,it in the fridge

have you anywhere iin the house that is dark and cooler
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Arya&Bran
State: California
Pet name: Arya
My name: Christine

Post by Arya&Bran » 10 Aug 2019, 23:05

Arizona has "Dry heat" it is not as bad as having high humidity!
We LOVE visiting Palm Springs even when it's hot because their heat is dry as well.
We ordered our enzymes from Diane before the real heat appeared so there would be no worries.

Christine
San Bernardino, CA
Arya & Brandon born March 17, 2013. Lab/Shepherd/ Border Collie mix.
Arya gets 1/4 can of Blue Buffalo. Be sure there are no peas in the food. Backyard BBQ, & Denali Dinner are some of the foods. Be sure the food is warm, but NOT HOT, as it will kill the enzymes. We mix 2 1/2 teaspoons EnzymesDiane powder into her food(including the kibble), Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula, 2 cups(Chicken & Brown Rice). We incubate food for 30 minutes.After the incubation period add, 2 Metamucil capsules(broken open & sprinkled on food)& Rx vitamins for pets probiotic. We add The WonderLabs B12 & Slippery Elm at dinner only. Again, we agree that no two EPI pets are the same.