ANSWERING POSTS ON THIS FORUM

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

ANSWERING POSTS ON THIS FORUM

Post by Jean » 04 Oct 2019, 07:04

Hello everyone

I saw a messsage from someone asking could only staff answer the questions here

The answer is NO

We appreciate ANYONE joining in, especially with their experiences, if you dont have any due to recent diagnosis, just pop in and say HELLO,

Jean

Forum director
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Re: ANSWERING POSTS ON THIS FORUM

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 04 Oct 2019, 13:29

That was me! I misunderstood something I read, and sometimes I can be overly enthusiastic, so I was just checking. Thank you! ---Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 04 Oct 2019, 13:34

Pam,
we like over enthusiasm on this forum. You have been very helpful on the forum and appreciate you popping in on what works for you! Between all of us we can usually help get folks furry kids on the right track. Every one can help.
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 04 Oct 2019, 13:38

Pam, I am so grateful for your contribution, so please keep it coming, and asking

Jean
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 06 Oct 2019, 10:48

Hi Pam,

Yes, it is great when people give their experiences of what has worked for them. You never know when something you did will help someone else. We are all in this together and welcome your input and questions. Sometimes someone will ask a question that other people are thinking, so asking it can help a lot a people. It takes a village......

Barb

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 06 Oct 2019, 22:40

Hi Pam - like I said in the post you responded to - we sincerely appreciate ANYONE chiming in - whether it's to give advice about what worked for you and your dog or just to say you're not alone in this - it means so much!! I remember feeling so alone and scared when my boy was diagnosed and then finding this forum with people who had been there - gave me hope and much needed support and encouragement to not give up. So, please please please respond to anyone and anything and THANK YOU for being so kind and generous!
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Pattib
Pet name: Tinkerbell
My name: Patti Blitz

Post by Pattib » 19 Oct 2019, 10:18

Hi! I’m new to this forum and appreciate all the great information I have read. It’s quite overwhelming and I was wondering approximately how long it takes to see results in weight gain and “poop improvement “. We are only 1 week into treatments with enzymes, antibiotics and B 12 injections. Thank you for any info you can give me.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 19 Oct 2019, 11:32

Hi Patti! Looks like you are on the way to getting your pup on the right track. What diet are you feeding?

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Pattib
Pet name: Tinkerbell
My name: Patti Blitz

Post by Pattib » 19 Oct 2019, 12:01

Hi Jill, the Vet has her on Hills I/D and K/D mixed. She has no teeth (16 yo) so only canned food for her and she had some kidney issues so that’s why the K/D. I’m feeding at least 3 times a day as she is still so hungry. Thank you for asking. I’m on overload with all this😢

Tuckaboo Pam
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 19 Oct 2019, 14:35

Hi, Patti. I think it took at least a couple of weeks before I noticed Tucker's poo really starting to improve. Good thoughts sent your way; you must be worried sick about your old friend. ---Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.