Most cost effective place to buy pancreatin to treat Epi in GSD?

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Re: Most cost effective place to buy pancreatin to treat Epi in GSD?

Post by Montgomery » 29 Jun 2020, 18:02

Thank you! Montgomery is glad, too!
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 30 Jun 2020, 21:27

I'm so glad you found Enzyme Diane. We used her enzymes for Kolby for 10 years. So glad they are working for you and Montgomery !

Barb

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 01 Jul 2020, 06:15

one more thing V, I had and EPI cat in the 80's she obviously wasnt on Enzyme Diane, but on Tryplase over her in UK

They were huge capsules for a cat, and we thought Oh Boy ! anyway, we left one on the counter top, and she ate it !

we had Lift off

she was brilliant after the capsules , and V she was diagnosed with xray film ! this was before cTLI was developed

https://www.vetstream.com/treat/canis/l ... ty-trypsin

cant believe that is still on the net !
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Diane S
Staff
State: Ohio

Post by Diane S » 01 Jul 2020, 08:56

Thank you all for the blowing comments. I am glad to help bring the cost down on the enzymes and help with concerns of dealing with EPI.
Yes. mail to Canada can be tricky depending upon customs and UPS is a bit more costly but usually faster unless you are in a small area where they can not figure out how to deliver there.
I have heard that Pank aid smells awful. It was discontinued with no known return date I am glad to hear it is back as that will help.
Please let me know if you have further questions
Diane S.
Executive Vice President, EPI4Dogs Foundation
Chardon, Ohio, USA

Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Post by Montgomery » 01 Jul 2020, 13:57

Diane, the only way I can describe the odour of the Pank-Aid would be to say: picture a small elevator. Put a few large, un-neutered tom cats in there for awhile with the door shut and no air-conditioning in the dead of August. The Pank-Aid was unreal. Thank you for your odourless product and my sweet-smelling cat!
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

TsBs
Pet name: Katniss Everdeen
My name: Tara

Post by TsBs » 01 Jul 2020, 16:42

Just a couple of quick comments:

- We just this week switched our 3 yr old GSD Crs from Pank-Aid to DIane's enzymes with no problems. We did it the same way (perhaps unnecessary?) as with a new food, by slowly reducing the Pank-Aid and slowly increasing the new enzymes.

- Katniss didn't notice anything and gobbled up all her food.

- We ordered it to be sent by UPS and had no problem at all ... I think it was on our door step in about 4-5 days. For other Canadians just be in the know that you will have to pay the customs charge on line to UPS. It was $34.00 ...simple process.

Now we have our fingers crossed that she will soon start to gain weight....even just a couple of grams would make me smile ... like she does everyday :)

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 02 Jul 2020, 09:31

Thanks for sharing this personal experience with us, it will help with others in Canada when ordering from EnzymeDiane on the USA.... great product... :)

And yes, you did not have to slowly switch over with the new enzymes, could have done it all at once... but what you did is fine too!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........