New Member - GoldenDoodle diagnosed with EPI

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
marky34
State: California
Pet name: Arya
My name: Marcos

New Member - GoldenDoodle diagnosed with EPI

Post by marky34 » 25 Sep 2020, 22:51

Hello EPI4DOGS Forum,

My wife and I are the proud pet parents to "Arya" our lovely GoldenDoodle who is 1 year and 9 months old now. πŸ•
We are very Blessed to have Arya came into our lives from a GoldenDoodle breeder in Alpine, CA which is a suburb located 30 miles East of San Diego, CA.
We also live in a suburb of San Diego in Pacific Beach, CA. Arya was born on December 18th, 2018 and she came home with us after 9 and half weeks. πŸ•πŸΆ
Arya was living a perfect young puppy life and was blossoming at 57lbs after a year and a half but after noticing significant & constant yellow loose stools back in July 2020,
she is now down to 47lbs because of the EPI πŸ™. After a confirmed senior blood draw & tests and constant communication & visits with our Vet confirming the results,
I started researching like a mad scientist and a nutty professor online, thankfully I found the savior epi4dogs.com. Thus ever since then, the Red Seas have parted and
Thank GOD, she may finally be well on her way to a healthier doggy life thanks to the leadership & directional support from this website & forum as well as our
trusted advisors "Yoda" ( a.k.a. Olesia) & Princess Leia (a.k.a. "Enzyme Diane") πŸ˜‰. I have been in constant communication with Olesia Kennedy, Susan Messer & "Enzyme" Diane now
for the past week.

So after following Olesia's advice and starting her up on the porcine enzymes that we ordered from EnzymeDiane along with the PET Factor B-12 w/ Intrinsic Factor supplement from WonderLabs
she seems to be responding accordingly and the stool quality is improving adequately. No more sloppy stools! πŸ‘Œ And she is also not pooping as much by going only 2 times per day and
between 10-12 hours apart now! I had a great phone conversation earlier today with "Enzyme Diane" and we spoke in great length about the proper treatment and instructions & recommendations
for EPI in regards to Arya and how she seems to be responding accordingly to her Enzymes, and I was also very pleased to hear that Diane also has not one but 2 healthy GoldenDoodles! πŸ‘πŸ•

So basically we are going to follow protocol and will continue to follow our feeding instructions adding just enough liquid (water or broth if necessary) to moisten the enzymes with the food,
and let it sit for 20 minutes before serving along with the PET Factor B-12 and probiotics included. We will also continue to feed Arya her home cooked meals with the rice & chicken
for about 5 more days to a week before starting to introduce some quality low fiber kibble & a little bit of wet food to her nutritional diet. We will also continue to monitor her stools,
as well as will keep track of her weight once a week to every 10 days or so. That being said, it seems that the SID is under control for now, since we are not seeing any red tint or
signs of blood in her stools anymore by the looks of things thus far since starting her off on the porcine enzymes along with the PET Factor B-12 w/ Intrinsic Factor supplements.
So all in all things are looking like Arya is responding accordingly after only a few days thus far, and sharing and discussing in detail all of her condition & reactions to the
supplements with Diane & Olesia via email earlier today.

Olesia, Susan & Diane,
I wanted to let you all know how much we appreciate engaging with some very kind people who are just as passionate about the wellbeing of our furry children & family.
Thanks very much again for all of your support, advice & communication, it is much appreciated and we also look forward to seeing Arya in the upcoming EPI calendar! πŸ•πŸ˜‡πŸ’ŸπŸΆ
Take care & have a Fantastic weekend! 😎

Sincerely & Respectfully,
Marcos in San Diego
My wife and I are the proud pet parents to "Arya" our lovely GoldenDoodle who is 1 year and 9 months old now. πŸ•
Arya came into our lives from a GoldenDoodle breeder in Alpine, CA a suburb of San Diego, CA.
We live in Pacific Beach, CA. Arya was born on December 18th, 2018 and she came home with us after 9 and half weeks. πŸ•πŸΆ
Arya was at 57lbs after a year and a half but is now down to 47lbs because of the EPI πŸ™ but well on her way to a healthier doggy life
thanks to the leadership & directional support from this website & forum as well as our trusted advisors "Yoda" ( a.k.a. Olesia) & Princess Leia (a.k.a. "Enzyme Diane") πŸ˜‰

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: New Member - GoldenDoodle diagnosed with EPI

Post by Olesia711 » 25 Sep 2020, 23:21

Ahhh ... thank you Marcos.... what a lovely post. You made me laugh, with the Yoda and Princess Leia reference.... that was good! Epi4Dogs is blessed to have a great support team, such as Diane and Susan.... and there are a ton of others behind the scenes that work tirelessly helping others :)

So glad to hear that Arya is doing better already. Keep written notes on her progress and keep us posted. Aside from what they (vets and researchers) used to think just a few years ago... EPI is manageable... you just have to find the right balance of the recommended protocol (Enzymes, Diet, B12 and SID) and these dogs can have a wonderful, enjoyable and long life.... and once feeling good, they can do and accomplish anything any other dog can do!

Keep up the good work helping Arya heal, but also know that sometimes when first starting out with EPI.... sometimes it can be two steps forward and one step backward.... but as long as overall you are moving in the right direction, things should work out.

a.k.a. Yoda
Attachments
yoda.jpg
yoda.jpg (8.02 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 26 Sep 2020, 06:29

WOW! This is the second time in days that we are hearing from folks who have achieved results by simply reading posts. I am so happy to learn about pups getting better! Good job!---Pam & Tucker
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 26 Sep 2020, 19:05

What a great post! It is so good to read that a pup is turning the corner and everything is starting to balance. It sounds like Arya is improving in all directions. I would still encourage you to keep your log/journal, even while things are positive. Sometimes people stop keeping track of what they are giving their pups and when, and how the poos are, then if there is a setback they don't have anything to refer back to. Of course, I am speaking from experience.....we learned to keep the journal going.

Meanwhile, enjoy the success of your good management.

Barb

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 27 Sep 2020, 05:57

Good Morning Marcos from the UK

And "may the force be with you"

what a story and yes you have the ear of everyone here and about

Keep up the good work

Jean
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

D Sloan
State: Ohio

Post by D Sloan » 28 Sep 2020, 11:52

You are very sweet.
It was great chatting with you. You are in the right place for support along the way.
The photos are great it is always great to hear them responding quickly and doing well.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 29 Sep 2020, 08:50

Good morning, just now catching up on this thread. So glad to hear Arya is getting better. A lot of great folk on here to help with issues. Keep up the good work Marcos and Arya!

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.