German Shepherd - Soft poos, more than 6 per day and losing weight

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: German Shepherd - Soft poos, more than 6 per day and losing weight

Post by Olesia711 » 06 Jul 2022, 10:28

Mihai,

Thank you so much for printing the brochure and forwarding it to the vet..... it may not of saved Kaia.... but hopefully her legacy will be in saving other dogs not properly diagnosed and/or treated... . And thank you for all that you did trying to help Kaia.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 06 Jul 2022, 10:30

Jean,

Thank you for always being there to lend a hand (and ear!) to those in need. Your kindness has helped so many..... we at Epi4Dogs appreciate you more than words could ever express!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

cozminmihai
Pet name: KAIA
My name: Mihai

Post by cozminmihai » 06 Jul 2022, 11:09

Michaela wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 09:52 This is heartbreaking news, I am so very sorry 💔💔💔 When I saw your post on the GSD board, I was hopeful we could get her stable, she was a beautiful girl 😥

R.I.P. Kaia
RIPLove.jpg
Thank you so much Michaela.

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 06 Jul 2022, 16:12

Oh, no, I am so, so sorry. --- Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

cozminmihai
Pet name: KAIA
My name: Mihai

Post by cozminmihai » 15 Jul 2022, 20:37

Tuckaboo Pam wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 16:12 Oh, no, I am so, so sorry. --- Pam
Thank you so much Pam!