Lypex

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Mavis2021
Pet name: Mavis
My name: Eden

Lypex

Post by Mavis2021 » 23 Jun 2022, 13:04

We are currently using enzymes diane 8x and mavis is thriving off them but they are so expensive because we have to ship them to Canada. Has anyone tried Lypex? If they are any good and how to use them? Thank you!

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: Lypex

Post by Olesia711 » 23 Jun 2022, 15:54

YES!!! People in the UK and Europe often use Lypex.
THere actually is another conversation going on about Lypex..... (which i will cut and paste the relevant section for you here ).... but hopefully, Jean, our Forum Director, who is in the UK will have a chance to pop on and help you with Lypex as she is very familiar with it... or one of our other UK folks, like Patsy, i think she used Lypex too........

"........when Kara was diagnosed in 2010 she was 39 pounds in weight at 14 months old and a skeleton, we were referred to Small Animal Hospita. on the Wirral Merseyside as part of a trial for Lypex

I quickly learned that the doseage on the box was totally inadequate for a GSD, we experimented and it ended up being 5 Lypex per meal , we started her on grain free duck and potato kibble she could never tolerate chicken or poultry fat in dog food which seems to be familiar among EPI dogs

the senior vet told us to give her 50% over and above the amount of food suggested on the food bag for the weight she SHOULD be which was 90 pounds over say 5 meals a day all enzymed the 50% is one that EPI4DOGS also recommend short term only until the weight has been regained

as you can imagine one box of 60 casules was lasting a couple of days

we started her on Tylosin (Tylan) as an antibiotic , the alternative was Oxytetracycline, but that needs to be given on an empty stomach so its not user friendly

so we looked for another enzyme, Panzym was the one we used for 8 years , and I woud recommend it

we were never able to get below 3 Lypex per meal and this was echo'd among the UK members

I would increase the Lypex bit by bit starting at two per meal and yes you can dampen the Kibble , you could even grind it , and dampen it so the enzymes will stick, Kara loved Tuna...."
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: Lypex

Post by Jean » 24 Jun 2022, 07:17

I think you might find Lypex expensive

what is the cost over there fora box of 60 ? these are a diiferent way of dealing with EPI

its a tough call

how many meals day

what amounts are you feeding per meal

Jean
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx