Sport Dog Elite OOS everywhere

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Vanillanix
State: Maryland
Pet name: Echo
My name: Anika

Sport Dog Elite OOS everywhere

Post by Vanillanix » 19 Nov 2022, 18:43

Hey everyone!

My baby Echo has been thriving since her EPI diagnosis 2.5 years ago. I’ve diligently followed the recommendations of all the awesome folks in this forum with her food and supplements and she’s been wonderful!

I’ve had her on Sport Dog Elite (Herding) for the past 2.5 years; she’s had no issues with it. There has been spells where Chewy and/or Amazon have been out of stock but I was always able to buy from Sport Dog directly in those cases (wonderfully helpful people btw). But… it happened… everyone is out of stock, and we’re running low. I do have enough to transition to another food but there’s so many to look at.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any other dry dog foods that your EPI dog has done well with?

With everything getting so expensive these days I’ve considered looking for a cheaper alternative anyway, but her health comes first. I don’t want to feed her anything packed with fillers either.

All advice welcome and appreciated!
Adopted Echo at 8 weeks in January 2020 She's a mixed breed mutt - Embark DNA shows she's 22.7% German Shepherd, 22.1% Pit Bull, 15.9% Chow Chow, 11.3% Golden Retriever, 5.8% American Staff, 5.7% Boxer, 5.3% Samoyed and 11.2% Supermutt lol.

Diagnosed with EPI in June 2020. Has been thriving, thanks to the advice from this forum! ❤️

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Re: Sport Dog Elite OOS everywhere

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 19 Nov 2022, 18:58

TASTE OF THE WILD HIGH PRAIRIE. In stock on Amazon, 20+ cheaper than Herding Dogs.

I agree with your asessment of Sport Dog company. They are awesome, but I need to save money these days. --- Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 19 Nov 2022, 19:00

Hi Anika, these are trying times for sure. A lot of folks use Taste of the Wild I believe it is Pacific Stream. Here is a link of suggestions:

https://epi4dogs.com/dog-food-options/

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Vanillanix
State: Maryland
Pet name: Echo
My name: Anika

Post by Vanillanix » 19 Nov 2022, 19:31

I can’t thank y’all enough! Almost $22 a bag cheaper than Sport dog! I ordered 2 bags of Taste of the Wild High Prairie, through Chewy as I had a $20 gift card and put it on autoship. So I paid $49.58 per bag after gift card, autoship discount and taxes!

Thankful for this forum! ❤️
Adopted Echo at 8 weeks in January 2020 She's a mixed breed mutt - Embark DNA shows she's 22.7% German Shepherd, 22.1% Pit Bull, 15.9% Chow Chow, 11.3% Golden Retriever, 5.8% American Staff, 5.7% Boxer, 5.3% Samoyed and 11.2% Supermutt lol.

Diagnosed with EPI in June 2020. Has been thriving, thanks to the advice from this forum! ❤️

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 20 Nov 2022, 10:18

Jill, I believe High Prairie fits, too, and Tucker is doing well on it. He doesn't care for Pacific Stream, at all. High Prairie may be a new recipe...it is grain-free & 4% fiber. It does have some chicken in it & some peas, but both are a few spots down the list of ingredients. Like I said, Tucker loves it and I have to say his poops are even better than on Herding Dogs. It's also almost $25 cheaper, although 28 pounds, whereas SDE is 30.
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 20 Nov 2022, 11:54

Thats great Pam. Thanks! Lots of choices on the link for sure.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

daisymaria
State: Alaska
Pet name: li

Post by daisymaria » 09 Nov 2023, 02:08

Sometimes, products go out of stock temporarily, but they may be restocked in the near future. Keep an eye on the websites or stores where you typically shop for the product.
Uno Online

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 09 Nov 2023, 10:29

I too loved the SPORTS food..... but my 2nd best is now:

Castor & Pollux Pristine Beef & Sweet Potato
https://www.chewy.com/castor-pollux-pri ... Dry%20Food

C&P2.png
C&P2.png (115.97 KiB) Viewed 707 times
Attachments
C&P.png
C&P.png (189.29 KiB) Viewed 708 times
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........