Emergency enzymes in Victoria, BC

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Hudsy-boy
Pet name: Hudson
My name: Megan

Emergency enzymes in Victoria, BC

Post by Hudsy-boy » 25 Nov 2022, 10:45

Hello!

I forgot to account for the US holiday when I ordered my enzymes this week and I guess that paired with higher shipping volumes has given me a week before I’ll receive my enzymes from Diane. Unfortunately my supply won’t last that long. If anyone is in Victoria and would be willing to spare some Hudsy-boy would be forever grateful!
Thanks for reading!
Megan

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Emergency enzymes in Victoria, BC

Post by jilbert57 » 25 Nov 2022, 11:25

Hi Megan did you happen to see this on the site?

https://epi4dogs.com/emergency-enzymes/

May be a possibility at a health food store.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Chance
Pet name: Chance
My name: Andrea

Re: Emergency enzymes in Victoria, BC

Post by Chance » 25 Nov 2022, 17:13

Unfortunately Canada is backwards when it comes to enzymes! Enzymes are prescription here, and is government controlled. As such, it is nearly impossible to find anything decent at your corner store. A prescription for Creon is about the fastest way for you to get enzymes. I have some enzymes here, but I am in Ontario :/

Some stores do carry very weak pancreatin pills, but a large breed dog will need close to 20 pills or more per meal (compared to 1 tsp of enzyme Diane).

And an increasing number of orders from the US are being held in Customs. It's happening more lately. I was pretty much holding my breath with each order, until I saw it cleared!

For that reason, and all the hassle and expense, I switched to Creon. I asked my vet for a prescription and haven't looked back! I find it works the best of anything I had tried. Pick up at my local pharmacy. No more incubation. No more mixing. Much easier.