R.I.P. Nikki

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Michaela
State: Texas
Pet name: Nikki
My name: Michaela

R.I.P. Nikki

Post by Michaela » 24 May 2023, 10:01

We had to take Nikki to Urgent Care yesterday and she didn't get to come home, I'm devastated 😭💔

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the help over the years, we couldn't have managed her EPI without this group. In the end it wasn't the EPI that took her from me 😭

I love you Nikki 💔

R.I.P. Nikki 11/21/2009 - 05/23/2023

Nikki was diagnosed with EPI in 2010
Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat canned
Slippery Elm syrup for stomach issues
1 tsp Pan-Tenex enzymes with each meal
Weekly B12 shots, pills didn't work for her
Tylan for life

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: R.I.P. Nikki

Post by jilbert57 » 24 May 2023, 10:24

Oh Michaela I am sorry to read this. You and Nikki were so lucky to have found each other.
God bless her soul.
Hugs

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 24 May 2023, 10:35

Oh Michaela, i am so so sorry to hear this. Your heart must be shattered!!!!!!!!!! Nikki was such an integral member of your family. I know how hard it is to face the days ahead without the most important and beloved best friend and companion......
Please know, that although words cannot ease the pain, that myself and so many others are holding you and your family in our thoughts and prayers................

Attachments
SYmpathy.jpg
SYmpathy.jpg (72.98 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 24 May 2023, 11:02

There are no words I can think of

Just all my love

Jeanx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 24 May 2023, 18:41

Oh, Michaela, I am so sorry to read this. Nikki and Kolby were diagnosed with EPI around the same time. I am so sorry. Like many others here, I know how deep that pain is. Know that our hearts are with you and we are sending you love and light. We hope the emptiness you feel now becomes the space that allows Nikki's light to shine through. Candles are lighted for you and your family.

Hugs.

Barb

Michaela
State: Texas
Pet name: Nikki
My name: Michaela

Post by Michaela » 26 May 2023, 06:43

My house is so empty, I can still see her sweet face 😭

For 13 years she was my constant shadow, Nikki tried so hard to hold on, but her body was failing her. She was the best girl until the end, I miss her so much 💔
Attachments
20230406_122051.jpg
20230406_122051.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 1681 times

R.I.P. Nikki 11/21/2009 - 05/23/2023

Nikki was diagnosed with EPI in 2010
Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat canned
Slippery Elm syrup for stomach issues
1 tsp Pan-Tenex enzymes with each meal
Weekly B12 shots, pills didn't work for her
Tylan for life

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 26 May 2023, 17:42

I know love, its damned hard, you can see them everywhere

and you dont need to be strong

just huge cyber hugs

Jean

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx

PipersMom
State: New Jersey
Pet name: Piper
My name: Shawn

Post by PipersMom » 26 May 2023, 18:15

I am so sorry to hear about Nikki. My heart breaks for you.

Sending Hugs to you,
Shawn, from NJ. Piper is Chow Chow, German Shepherd, Catahoula Leopard Dog, Bluetick Coonhound, Boxer, Border Collie, and Pit. Born 8/28/19.

EPI Diagnoised
: 4/7/21 (cTLI-1.8, B-12-<150, Folate->24). Started Enzymes 4/8/21. Piper's weight dropped to 45 but was a is a steady 50lbs. Lowest weight 42lbs. As of 4/5/21 B12 was 505. As of 12/14/22 was 830
Daily Meds: PancreVed Powder with each meal, B-12 1000mg every other day, Proin 25 mg BID, Gabapentin 150mg BID, Proviable-Forte Capsule, Priolosec 20mg and Incurin .5mg. If needed: Galiprant, Cerenia, Tylan
Current Food: Homemade food by me with a vet nutritionist recipe that has added vitamins and minerals.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 26 May 2023, 18:56

Such a sweet picture💗💔

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 27 May 2023, 04:41

Thinking back, you have been around most of my journey with Kara from 2010. and have loved all of your support and stories about Nikki, I only hope you can, at some point keep with us with wisdom

It took me a while to come back to EPI4DOGS, she broke my heart when her back legs went completely

and its taken us 4 years to allow another dog into our lives permanently

he is a rescue and when I eventually get around to understand how to put a pic on here of him I will !

Again huge hugs from one who knows

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx