pavements and sand

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

pavements and sand

Post by Jean » 29 May 2023, 08:18

Can I remind everyone that if you cant walk in your bare feet on either pavement, or sand, then your dog definitely cannot

also their fur can get very hot in the sun if they go in the water , and burn their skin, keep cold ish water, and a damp cloth for their heads if you go a walk

its hot over here in UK at the moment

Cheers

Jean
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: pavements and sand

Post by jilbert57 » 29 May 2023, 09:02

Thanks for the reminder Jean!

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 29 May 2023, 12:27

great "rule of thumb" to go by and easy to remember !
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 29 May 2023, 18:16

Thank you, Jean for this reminder. We are coming up on a hot week here in Northeast US, so it is a timely caution. It probably won't get too hot yet, but we can do some practicing. Thanks, Jean.

Barb

Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Post by Montgomery » 30 May 2023, 20:27

Montgomery has a really neat mat for his stroller. I put it in the freezer and then slip it into a pillowcase, so that if we have to go out in the heat, he stays cool. He says he's descended from the great cats of the Pharohs, a little desert creature, and he will not drink water for love or money, so this thing makes a massive difference. I can't say he's overly thrilled by it, but he likes it better than having his ears wet down.
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 30 May 2023, 20:28

that's a great idea!!!!!!!!!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 31 May 2023, 06:04

V I love that, yout furbabies are so lucky

Have you ever read a book called

"How to live with a calculating cat"

very funny and very interesting

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1515861.How_to_Live_with_a_Calculating_Cat

Trust me its worth a read
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Post by Montgomery » 31 May 2023, 18:51

No! I'm going to go check it out now, though!
I don't drive, and cats don't get sick when it's convenient or the weather is good, so we have to get a little creative sometimes. I think K&H made it? I think...There really are so many neat ideas for pets out there, it's just a matter of finding what works.
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.