Canadian-based Company

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
TigerBiger
Pet name: Tiger
My name: Jason

Canadian-based Company

Post by TigerBiger » 15 Nov 2023, 12:51

Hello all,

We're creating a company here in Canada to be an enzyme provider. This will avoid import tariffs and currency exchange rates.

To do this, one of the Market validation stages involve - will people want this?- if you'd like to support this endeavor please comment below or email [email protected], stories are more than welcome in how a Canadian-based enzyme provider will help Canadian EPI pups :)

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: Canadian-based Company

Post by Olesia711 » 15 Nov 2023, 13:57

Hi Jason,

Thanks for posting here. I am very interested in learning the details about the enzymes you plan on carrying.... i will contact you privately. Thanks for including your email address!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Obie426
Pet name: Chase
My name: Diana

Post by Obie426 » 15 Nov 2023, 15:21

My two cents worth. While I am always open to saving some money my first priority is the health of my dog. Quality and reliable availability is important. Chase is thriving on the enzymes from Enzyme Diane and even with the import fees, shipping and brokerage charges they are still a lot cheaper than anything I can get in Canada, if I can even get them. In fact Chase really came around when I switched to Enzyme Diane from the prescription enzymes that were available here. That, in my opinion, speaks to the quality of her product. I will follow your business endeavor with interest.

megaovary
State: Alaska
Pet name: lucky
My name: Emily

Post by megaovary » 16 Nov 2023, 22:16

TigerBiger wrote: 15 Nov 2023, 12:51 Hello all,

We're creating a company here in Canada to be an enzyme provider. This will avoid import tariffs and currency exchange rates. doodle baseball

To do this, one of the Market validation stages involve - will people want this?- if you'd like to support this endeavor please comment below or email [email protected], stories are more than welcome in how a Canadian-based enzyme provider will help Canadian EPI pups :)
Thank you for sharing information about the enzyme supply company in Canada. However, I want to know more about the types of enzymes that the company will provide in Canada, including which ones?

dcougman
Pet name: mensch
My name: David Kauffman

Post by dcougman » 18 Nov 2023, 17:36

I would be very interested in Canadian supplier of quality enzymes
thank you and let us know when and what you are selling
good luck
Mensch is a 2YR old Czech Working line GSD; he has tested positive Sept 2022 on the fasting TLI. Results--- TLI <1, Folate 21, Cobalamin <111. Currently taking Dogzymes Pacreatic Support 1.5 teaspoons/2 cup feeding (feed 3x per day GO Carnivore GRAIN-FREE CHICKEN, TURKEY + DUCK ), Inject B12 1000ml 2x per month. No more poop eating, has gone from 60 to 81 in two months. Works as SAR K9. SO happy to have found this site. Thank you all!!!

Chance
Pet name: Chance
My name: Andrea

Post by Chance » 19 Nov 2023, 00:11

Reliable pork based enzymes is something that is very lacking in the Canadian market. Decent enough strengths of enzymes are prescription only in Canada. This has me curious as to the type, strength AND quality of enzymes that would/could be available here without prescription. I would be curious of the price; but if quality isn't there, I'd pass. Definitely would not buy anything processed with acetone.

But if there's something that is QUALITY at a semi affordable price, I'd be curious. But I am kinda partial to Creon now. It's definitely got the quality, and price is comparable to ordering from US. It is prescription (human drug) but is easy to get, even if I do need a prescription. But I would be curious as to what might be available.
Chance was my 4 legged soul mate. My mobility assist service dog. Pure yellow Lab, 75 lbs. After struggling with weight all his life, finally dx with EPI. cTLI < 1, folate and B12 very low. Fed Raw. Maintained with Creon, Garden of Life probiotic and intermittent calcium bentonite clay. (Tylosin was a big nightmare for him)!

Rylee is Chance's successor; also pure Yellow/Fox red Lab. Started with symptoms at 8 weeks. At 6 months of age, also prescribed Creon due to suspected EPI (due to passing large amounts of undigested food). Currently suspected of blockages in pancreatic ducts. She is maintained VERY nicely on Creon and probiotics. Also raw fed.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 19 Nov 2023, 10:09

Andrea brought up some very good points / considerations. Looking forward to hearing more specifics :)
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........