EPI or something else?

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: EPI or something else?

Post by Olesia711 » 07 Dec 2023, 22:21

Hi Eva (Lara's care-giver),

We realize you were not giving advice on what to use...... but i am sure Jeremy was just clarifying.... sometimes people don't thoroughly read what is posted and may misinterpret some of the text.... so i am sure this was just extra clarification....

However.... i do want to say, thank you very much for sharing Lara's journey.... i don't think people realize how much sharing experiences can be helpful. I know we promote a LOT of what research suggests and we mostly follow Texas A&M Gastrointestinal Lab protocol .... but .... Many times, it is something from someone sharing their personal experience managing their EPI pet that often ends up helping another EPI parent struggling with their EPI pet.

As a matter of fact.... many times the researchers will do a clinical trial based on multiple reports of anecdotal responses. So sharing stories is always welcome .... and thank you for sharing Lara's.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........