This Cat...

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

This Cat...

Post by Montgomery » 10 Jan 2024, 19:55

So, Montgomery's been a bit unwell. He's had a cough, which seems to be going away. I think he's working on a good hairball. He had a wooly stool this morning and seems to be feeling better. We've been doing his lights because it seems to soothe him. His appetite has been off. He doesn't want to eat what he's supposed to be eating, but will chow down on the other cats' snackies (Purina One Instinct Chicken). Oddly, this has not effected his digestion. To-day he had some Fancy Feast. He is not supposed to be eating this. I'm a bit frustrated. Any advice on how to get him back onto his own food?
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

Noah101
Pet name: Nu
My name: Noah

Re: This Cat...

Post by Noah101 » 11 Jan 2024, 22:35

Montgomery wrote: 10 Jan 2024, 19:55 So, Montgomery's been a bit unwell. He's had a cough, which seems to be going away. I think he's working on a good hairball. He had a wooly stool this morning and seems to be feeling better. We've been doing his lights because it seems to soothe him. His appetite has been off. He doesn't want to eat what he's supposed to be eating, but will chow down on the other cats' snackies (Purina One Instinct Chicken). Oddly, this has not effected his digestion. To-day he had some Fancy Feast. He is not supposed to be eating this. I'm a bit frustrated. Any advice on how to get him back onto his own food? Immaculate Grid
It's important to address his cough and ensure that he's comfortable. As for his diet, transitioning him back to his own food can be a gradual process. You can try mixing a small amount of his regular food with the snackies he's been eating and gradually increasing the proportion of his regular food over time. Additionally, it's best to consult with a veterinarian to ensure that Montgomery's dietary changes are appropriate for his health condition. If you have any concerns about his health, it's always best to seek professional advice from a vet.

Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Re: This Cat...

Post by Montgomery » 12 Jan 2024, 05:10

The cough seems to be about gone now, thank goodness. He's back to his active, chaotic little self, shooting marbles, "tipping" Flapjack and generally raising Cain. His veterinarian...."Feed Hypodiet, boil his bedding, don't open your windows, and bring him in for an ultrasound." Broken record and no help. I've let him have his way with the food for a few days, and except for being a tad windy, he's fine. I've had to chuck out most of his regular food as it was getting old. I will defrost a small amount and try mixing it with the Fancy Feast. Good idea
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.