Happy Thanksgiving

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
dana7123
State: Colorado

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by dana7123 » 22 Nov 2018, 09:30

Just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving. If you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving then just a wonderful happy day to all of you. Hugs to all our wonderful EPI babies!

Dana & Belle
My Belle is a rescue. She was 3 mo when I adopted her and at 7 mo we discovered the EPI. Her TLI results were "0.4". We went to 3 Vets before we found the 4th vet who knew exactly what was wrong. What a relief! He put her on B12 and enzymes right away! I was so glad to find enzymediane! Belle gets 2 1/2 cups of food with 1 tsp of 8x enzymes twice a day. She is now (at 116 lbs) but now has SIDS. Started putting Slippery Elm in her breakfast (she would regurgitate breakfast & orange/yellow in poo) & she is doing great now!

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Jean » 22 Nov 2018, 10:17

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

to everyone

Jean
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Miss Maddie Moo
Staff

Post by Miss Maddie Moo » 22 Nov 2018, 10:30

Enjoy your day i am in the Uk so we dont have it here thank you for wishing eveyone a nice day.
Maddie DX April 2011 along with low B12 she was feed with a low fibre food below 3% , fat was not restricted ( she wasnt good on pea based foods ) She initially had a course of B12 shots weekly over a period of 6 months and then we used the B12 pills from Chemeyes in the UK . We used Panzym and slowly had to increase the dose as she aged when she was first DX she was 23kg but she gained weight quickly and got back to 33 kg .
Maddie gained her angel wings in Jan 2018 at the age of 10 to a condition unrelated to EPI.
[/color]

Shirl D.
Staff
State: New York

Post by Shirl D. » 22 Nov 2018, 10:36

Dana, Happy Thanksgiving to you and Belle, also! My EPI girl, Pixie, is thankful today for the crunchy snow to eat every time she goes outside! lol...she just loves it.

Kodis Mom
Staff
State: Washington

Post by Kodis Mom » 22 Nov 2018, 10:57

Thank you Dana and Belle ! Kodi and are very thankful for epi4dogs and all the wonderful caring people here. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, if you don't celebrate, have a great day !
Kodi
B. 8/19/2010 Diagnosed at 11 months.
Kodi is now on Natures Logic turkey and/or pork kibble, 2 cups with 2 teaspoons of enzymes, 1/8 teaspoon of ground coriander, 1/16 teaspoon of cinnamon and ground fennel seed (for tummy upsets) twice a day, plus one one B12 capsule from Wonderlabs. She has been very stable and on occasion needs a dose ofTylan.
She is our second GSD with EPI. It was not so scary this time ! And thank goodness for epi4dogs.com ! 💝 Kodi passed on August 25, 2023 just after her 13th birthday.💝 Forever grateful to Olesia and epi4dogs. She live a long and adventurous life with EPI.

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 22 Nov 2018, 13:45

Happy Thanksgiving everyone or as Dana said just happy day if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving. Today, as every day, I am so thankful for this wonderful group of amazing people who so generously give their time to help newly diagnosed members learn to navigate EPI.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Bpcooper14
State: Virginia

Post by Bpcooper14 » 22 Nov 2018, 13:55

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here! This group has been invaluable for Ace and myself. If not for this group, I don't think we would have gotten to the point we are at now!
Safe travels to everyone!
IMG286384315250338724.gif
IMG286384315250338724.gif (49.15 KiB) Viewed 5879 times
Hi all, I'm Bill. Ace was diagnosed with EPI on 5/31/18. In January, 2018 he was at the vet for routine check-up and weighed in at 34 lbs. In May after fighting with weeks of poor poo, he weighed 24.6 lbs. On Saturday July 28th, Ace was diagnosed as diabetic.
2 meals per day. He receives 6 units Vetsulin injections twice daily with each meal.
1 cup Victor Multi pro with 1/2 cup ground chicken breast, 1/4 cup sweet potato, 1/4 fat free cottage cheese. 1/2 tsp Pantenex enzymes, incubated 20-30 minutes.

Stacie & Dizzy
Staff
State: Arkansas

Post by Stacie & Dizzy » 22 Nov 2018, 16:06

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
My name is Stacie and my girl's name is Dizzy. German Shepherd, Age 10-diagnosed 12/24/2011 at 55 pounds, current weight is 93 pounds.
Feeding Taste of the Wild 4 cups a day with Enzyme Diane 1tsp per cup. Wonderlabs b12 once daily.
Dizzy has Pannus, given Cyclosporine drops in each eye twice daily. Pepcid once daily. Apoquel for allergies once daily.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 22 Nov 2018, 20:37

Just got where we were going. I hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving!
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 23 Nov 2018, 13:08

So nice to see all the TG wishes..... we were on the road- -so i missed all these posts but do hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!!!!!!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........