Enzyme Donation

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Lisabel
State: Pennsylvania
Pet name: Abby

Enzyme Donation

Post by Lisabel » 12 Apr 2019, 13:18

Hello everyone,
My girl, Abby, just passed suddenly last week at age 8. She was doing great and completely stable with her EPI - chunky and happy and playing ball with us til 9pm the night before. The vet says it was most likely an embolism and, if it had to be, she at least went very quickly. Needless to say, our whole family is devastated right down to her canine brother, Max, and feline brother, Buddy.
This site and all the wonderful people on it were a Godsend to us over the years (it has been so long since I needed help with her that I lost all my old sign in info) providing information, advise and just support in general and I would like to try to give some of that back to someone in need. I just bought 1/2 kilo of 6x enzymes from EnzymeDiane and have some Tylan and a bag of #1 capsules for compounding. If anyone might be of need or know of anyone, please, please let me know.
Thank you all once again for the love and support you showed me and Abby.
Lisa
Attachments
IMG_3569.jpg
IMG_3569.jpg (1.94 MiB) Viewed 5439 times

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Enzyme Donation

Post by jilbert57 » 12 Apr 2019, 16:28

Lisa, I am so sorry to be reading this. Thank you for thinking of other pups at this time.
Hugs to your family and pats to the furbabies.
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

RichardB
State: California
Pet name: Sassy
My name: Richard

Post by RichardB » 12 Apr 2019, 17:48

So sorry for your loss, I know how it breaks your heart since mine has been broken that way more times than I'd like to remember.
I was on EnzymeDiane site and copied the following info for you and your donation request. I hope it helps.

If you have extra enzymes for whatever reason there are many people that are struggling with unforeseen hardships and can greatly benefit from your generosity. There are also numerous rescues that are willing to take donations of enzymes and EPI supplies
Please contact me diane@enzymediane.com

Condolences,
Richard and Sassy

Riley's Mom
Staff
State: Virginia

Post by Riley's Mom » 12 Apr 2019, 19:02

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart is with you as I know it is devastating to lose your pup so suddenly. They certainly are not here long enough.
Yes, Diane is a good resource. She works with many rescues and helps them get EPI pups stabilized, and often times sends them enzymes to get them started. She also knows of those who are under financial hardships and could use a little help.
Thank you for thinking of others at this most difficult time.
Elisabeth

Riley is a 10 year old Labradoodle. She was diagnosed with EPI in 2014.
She currently eats Taste of the Wild, I cup in the morning, 2 cups in the evening, each meal with 1 Wonderlabs B12 sprinkled over her dinner. Enzymes are EnzymeDiane, 1 tsp per cup of food, mixed in home made bone broth. No other supplements or meds at this time.
Riley currently weighs about 44 pounds, which is pretty heavy for her.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 13 Apr 2019, 04:20

thank you for this Lisa, and more so for your kind words about our site

I know someone will be very grateful for your donation

love and hugs from UK

Jeanx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 13 Apr 2019, 11:41

Thank you, Lisa, for being so generous during this time of grief. Abby's light continues to shine through you. Losing our pets when they are ill is hard enough, but sudden loss like yours is doubly hard. Know that we are thinking of you.

As others have said, Diane is an excellent resource and can guide you to sending the enzymes and other materials where they are most needed.

Love to you and your family as you move toward healing. Abby is always with you.

Barb

Miss Maddie Moo
Staff

Post by Miss Maddie Moo » 13 Apr 2019, 12:37

Hello Lisa

Sorry to hear your news its so hard when we loose them but thank you for the kind offer of your donation.

Hugs
Ann
Maddie DX April 2011 along with low B12 she was feed with a low fibre food below 3% , fat was not restricted ( she wasnt good on pea based foods ) She initially had a course of B12 shots weekly over a period of 6 months and then we used the B12 pills from Chemeyes in the UK . We used Panzym and slowly had to increase the dose as she aged when she was first DX she was 23kg but she gained weight quickly and got back to 33 kg .
Maddie gained her angel wings in Jan 2018 at the age of 10 to a condition unrelated to EPI.
[/color]

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 13 Apr 2019, 12:46

Hi Lisa,

I'm so so sorry for your sudden loss. It is extremely kind and generous of you to think of others while you are grieving. I'm glad someone gave you Diane's information, she handles all of our donated enzymes and meds and makes sure they go to those who truly need it.

Hugs to you and your family
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Lisabel
State: Pennsylvania
Pet name: Abby

Post by Lisabel » 14 Apr 2019, 13:48

Thank you all for your kind words. We loved Abby with all of our hearts but we can't believe how much she was involved in everything and every day of our lives... I'm so lucky to have her big, goofy smile and antics to remember even though what I want more than anything is a hug and big wet kiss.
I will message Diane and hopefully she can point us in the right direction.

Lisa

Ruby
State: Florida

Post by Ruby » 16 Apr 2019, 01:15

Big hugs to you ..... may you always have fond memories, peace in your heart and cherish the love. Don't know if this will help you. I did a grouping of pictures of my dogs life. Ones that remind me of what a wonderful life and time we shared and she had. Big hugs to you and your family.