New EPI Diagnosis - Feeling Overwhelmed...

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Sadie'sMom
State: Wisconsin
Pet name: Sadie
My name: Lisa

Re: New EPI Diagnosis - Feeling Overwhelmed...

Post by Sadie'sMom » 24 Jul 2023, 08:38

Good Morning Olesia, Jill & the board:

Sadie is getting back to her normal self again, for which we are beyond thankful.

Thank you for the continued support from this group of wonderful people, especially to those who helped me through this recent painful time in our lives.

Time for another donation as I don't know what I would do without you all.

Take care. Be safe. And thank you for helping each and every one of us.

Lisa & Sadie
Sadie is a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever ("Toller" for short). She eats Authority Grain Free Chicken & Pea kibble. To make sure she ingests the enzymes, we mix some No Sodium Chicken Broth and a small handful of meat - chicken, hamburger, pork - and stir it up with her dog food (she eats like a champ now!). With each meal she gets 5 scoops (1 1/4 tsp's) of Diane's Enzymes and a WonderLabs B-12 with Intrinsic factor. She gets 1 Proviable-DC probiotic per day. Diagnosed in September 2019 with EPI. She has some issues with dry skin we are dealing with now.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 24 Jul 2023, 11:48

Hi Lisa,

SOooo glad to hear that Sadie is finally getting back to her normal self. Sadie must have really loved Bella to have taken Bella's passing so hard. And thank YOU for helping her achieve peace with herself and acceptance in the loss of her friend.............

Remember the old school of thought when scientists thought animals, (specifically dogs) didn't have emotions/feelings??? Such a travesty that for centuries this is how these wonderful beings were treated and viewed as. Thank goodness we know better now and can treat our 4-legged family members with kindness and respect..............

Please give Sadie a good scratch under the neck from all of us!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Sadie'sMom

Post by Sadie'sMom » 24 Jul 2023, 14:15

Olesia:

You have a knack for bringing me to tears....but in a good way. I really appreciate your kind words and continued support. Bella's passing has been so hard on us because she is the last English Setter that we will ever own. They are the most wonderful, gentle, loving, funny dogs that you could meet.....but they shed a lot. And we've decided that we don't want to have such a heavy shedder again in our home.

Yes, I do remember when I heard that some scientists thought dogs didn't have emotions. I was flabbergasted by those statements and have always thought that the ones who made those statements must have had a screw loose or were accidentally dropped at birth. :lol: We treat our dogs as well as we treat our kids.

I've tried to make a donation several times over the last few hours but it keeps giving me an error. I'm guessing it has to do with the website upgrade. Thus, I will try again tomorrow

I will give Sadie some extra pets and scratches from you all. She will appreciate that.

In the meantime, have a great rest of your day and take care of yourself. You're a real gem. :-)

Hugs - Lisa & Sadie
Sadie is a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever ("Toller" for short). She eats Authority Grain Free Chicken & Pea kibble. To make sure she ingests the enzymes, we mix some No Sodium Chicken Broth and a small handful of meat - chicken, hamburger, pork - and stir it up with her dog food (she eats like a champ now!). With each meal she gets 5 scoops (1 1/4 tsp's) of Diane's Enzymes and a WonderLabs B-12 with Intrinsic factor. She gets 1 Proviable-DC probiotic per day. Diagnosed in September 2019 with EPI. She has some issues with dry skin we are dealing with now.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 24 Jul 2023, 16:10

hi Lisa,

thanks for your kind words.... and please do keep us posted on Sadie!
i tried the donate button on the home page and the donate page... and they "appear" to be working.... but... if you are still having issues tomorrow, please email me at :

[email protected]
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Sadie'sMom

Post by Sadie'sMom » 25 Jul 2023, 11:03

Morning Olesia:

I'm still having a problem. I hit the Donate button, fill out all of my info, put my credit card info in and I get this error message:

We’re sorry that we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

That's the same message I was getting yesterday.

Thank you.

Lisa

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 26 Jul 2023, 11:12

problem solved and thanks for writing me privately.

The problem was that auto-correct was over-writing Lisa information rendering it incorrect.... If anyone else is having issues.... make sure auto-correct isn't over-riding what you are typing in :)