PANK AID IN CANADA

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

PANK AID IN CANADA

Post by Jean » 07 Feb 2020, 12:52

hello all

several of you have said that this enzyme is out of stock or on back order

So, today I phoned Vetoquinol in Canada who produce it

It seems that the rules in Canada have changed, and that they can no longer use the company that supplied the ingredients as they are non compliant,

They are trying to source from elesewhere with no luck whatever, so.........

Sadly it looks like its not going to come back any time soon

My only suggestion is for you to

contact Enzyme Diane

https://enzymediane.com/shop/

look at Creon

or shop around for Viocase etc

I am so sorry about this, I will diary it to phone them again

Jean

Forum Director
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: PANK AID IN CANADA

Post by jilbert57 » 07 Feb 2020, 12:59

Thank you for the information Jean.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 07 Feb 2020, 14:13

Thank you Jean for looking into this!
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Michaela
State: Texas
Pet name: Nikki
My name: Michaela

Post by Michaela » 23 Feb 2020, 09:54

Pan-tenex seems to be available in Canada also, that's what we use.

https://www.pantenexdogenzymes.com/prod ... nex-canada

R.I.P. Nikki 11/21/2009 - 05/23/2023

Nikki was diagnosed with EPI in 2010
Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat canned
Slippery Elm syrup for stomach issues
1 tsp Pan-Tenex enzymes with each meal
Weekly B12 shots, pills didn't work for her
Tylan for life

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 23 Feb 2020, 10:47

Thanks Michaela, I wasn't aware they could ship to Canada - I know EnzymeDiane ships to Canada as well.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Post by Montgomery » 06 Mar 2020, 19:21

Can I vent a little on this one? (Its Sparkle Tangerine. My e-mail got messed up and then I lost my password here and I had to start over again...Anyhow...)
Okay, so the first time this happened, the clinic I go to got some warning and I stock-piled enzymes for Montgomery. Each time I opened a new jar, I ordered another and we were doing well. This time, no warning. Luckily, I had a few jars, but now I'm down two just two. Previously, I'd ordered Chemeyes, so I have that. The veterinarian doesn't want me to use that one. Wants me to use Viokase (sp?) if I run out, but we started with that and it does NOT work. He'd have to eat at least five of those horse pills each meal, which would mean pilling him ten times as there's no way anymoggy (or many humans for that matter) could swallow that pill whole. She knows this, knows how sick he was before the Pank-Aid. So...She'd rather see him go back to being an emaciated, balding, raw, gassy little fellow with no control of his bowels than use something that didn't come through "official" channels? Is that it? She seems completely unconcerned. I'm, meanwhile, freaking out.
I've just ordered a second jar of Chemeyes to be on the safe side. Their customer service was excellent and all of my questions were answered quickly. This is no slight on them, because I've heard nothing but good things about their product, but I really don't want to have to use it. The last time Pank-Aid disappeared and came back, it was different. It smelled like Tom cat urine, and made his feces reek like Tom cat urine. Then Royal Canin tweaked his food and he wouldn't eat. Switched him to Science Diet, which made him drink like a fish, then he wouldn't eat that, finally back to the Royal Canin and now he's AWESOME, but that was a lot of change for a cat who doesn't handle change well.
I guess I just feel like no one cares. They know lives depend on this stuff being available, right?
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 06 Mar 2020, 19:32

Yes it is very upsetting for sure. Poor Montgomery😪
I would stay with what works, and just tell the vet that works best. You know your pet for sure. You are with him 24/7.
Glad things are awesome again.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.