Riley update and.. is this a creon alternative?

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Re: Riley update and.. is this a creon alternative?

Post by Barb » 23 Apr 2020, 09:00

This is such a wonderful post to wake up to! I am so glad that you found the CREON! And you can have the time you need to import Diane's enzymes. Thank you for the great news!

Barb

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 26 Apr 2020, 14:26

So glad you found the CREON - how are things going?
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Bonnie984
Pet name: Bonnie
My name: Rod

Post by Bonnie984 » 28 Apr 2020, 17:11

Hello Dani, Olesia, and everyone else.

This is my first time here, I registered because of Dani’s post. My Bonnie takes Creon everyday. 4 capsules daily. I am currently living in Playa del Carmen Mexico and I have access to pharmacies that have Creon in stock.

Please let me know if it would be possible for me to ship them for you from Mexico to Chile.

I have never shipped medication anywhere so I am not familiar with anything about it. Let me know if I can help you and your little one. Great luck.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 28 Apr 2020, 19:27

Hi Rod..... OMG.... that is such a beautiful, thoughtful caring and generous offer.... i am going to contact Dani privately (just in case she has not seen your post) and tell her to check in . If this is something that can be worked out between you and Dani, i suspect you would need to first need to contact your postal service and ask them can you send pills to Chili... and Dani would have to check with her postal to make sure there would not be a problem with her receiving the pills in the mail. I personally have mailed CREON capsules ... but every country is different so you probably should check first...........

Again, thank you so much!!!! The kindness of EPI parents, like you, constantly amazes!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Dani
Pet name: Riley
My name: Danisse

Post by Dani » 29 Apr 2020, 09:47

Bonnie984 wrote: 28 Apr 2020, 17:11 Hello Dani, Olesia, and everyone else.

This is my first time here, I registered because of Dani’s post. My Bonnie takes Creon everyday. 4 capsules daily. I am currently living in Playa del Carmen Mexico and I have access to pharmacies that have Creon in stock.

Please let me know if it would be possible for me to ship them for you from Mexico to Chile.

I have never shipped medication anywhere so I am not familiar with anything about it. Let me know if I can help you and your little one. Great luck.
Oh my god, thank you so much! this is such a kind offer! I'm so overwhelmed right now someone from other country took the time to actually offer shipping creon to me! This community sure is amazing! :D <3

Sadly, Chile is SO finicky about importing medication, it will get confiscated unless I declare it first, and for that, I need a special permission. I did the calls and I'm currently doing the paperwork to import enzymes from this website so I won't run out of creon again https://www.chemeyes.co.uk/product/panc ... me-powder/

I contacted Diane and she told me it would be easier for me trying to import from them. I think it is, because from the calls I made to the chilean customs, they didn't seem reluctant at all, once I explained Riley's condition and sent the website so they could check it out. I need to submit a vet's recommendation letter, plus a prescription and some other paperwork and then I will be able to buy from the website a couple of times a year.

Even tho it's not possible, thank you so so so much for your offer!

Bonnie984
Pet name: Bonnie
My name: Rod

Post by Bonnie984 » 29 Apr 2020, 12:59

Great luck! I hope you are able to receive the enymzes from Diane without any issues!

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 30 Apr 2020, 20:40

The pure love and generosity of our members never ceases to amaze me - thank you Rod for reaching out and offering to help!!

Dani I'm so glad you're going to be able to get what you need from Chemeyes. Suj is an amazing person and so helpful. Please keep us posted on how things are going.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.